Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for a good book to read while at work (I work security and have a lot of down time). the last two books I've read were Lone Survivor by Marcus Lutteral (not sure I spelled his name right, great book by the way) and American Sniper by Chris Kyle (also a good read but not as good as Lone Survivor). I am looking for a book about a post apocalyptic world and/or a good story of survival or even another book by a Navy SEAL (or other branch of the military). Any Ideas?

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
Buy an E reader or get a free E reader app for the computer and then log onto Amazon or Barnes and Nobles etc. Type in Action adventure, Dystopian fiction and be prepared to spend some time. There is a huge (vast) amount of downloadable fiction. Lots of indie stuff that ranges from okay to very good and of course mainstream authors as well. You might like some of vince flynns action adventure books. Zombies? max brooks books.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I would love to get an E reader, the only problem is I am not allowed to have electronic devices at work so I am stuck with the old fashion print versions. I have read World War Z by max brooks, thought it was pretty good, and have been looking for the Zombie Survival Guide but can seem to find it (looking locally only).

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
I agree James Wesley Rawles has some good stuff..Also has a blog site: SurvivalBlog.com hope this helps...

1 Patriots: A Novel of Survival in the Coming Collapse
2 Survivors: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
3 Founders: A Novel of the Coming Collapse
4 Expatriates: A Novel of the Coming Global Collapse
5 How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times

Reactions: Montana Rancher

·
Registered
177 Posts
One Shot One kill
The bear went over the mountain

If you want to learn something about sniping rather than about snipers read The Ultimate Sniper by Maj. John L. Plaster, USAR (RET)

There are several other books that I could recommend about men and women surviving in ALASKA or whatever else... If interested shoot me a mail and I can get you a list... These on here are among my favorites though

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow was I right to ask this question lol, I ordered the Zombie Survival Guide by Max Brooks and Kill shot by Vince Flynn last night after I posted this thread. Now it looks like I will be picking up a couple more of these books, thanks a bunch for all the suggestions, cant wait to start reading these.

·
Banned
21,290 Posts
"fifty shades of grey" this book is just amazing..i finished reading it a couple of days ago..Recommended!!
simimatt,
I have a pretty darn good sense of humor and appreciate a witty response as well as the next guy. I also try real hard when I am serious to let others know I am serious and draw a line between being a smart ass or a serious post. I can't tell if you are being serious or not. Please expound, if only for the entertainment value.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
Wood Font Natural landscape Landscape Grass
this is great read

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.