Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One of the members of our group received this little dude for a Christmas present from his son and as he stated...he was embarrassed to let anyone know that he owned it. It is a H&K 416 .22LR made in Germany by Walther. He has not even shot it and has 2 (30) round mags and 2 (20) round mags with a great hardcase, tools and lock. Plus he threw in a box of 550 round Federal LR hollow points. I traded him a H&R Pardner 20 ga. plus 3 boxes of fieldshot. Since I have over 12K rounds of .22 ammo this might be a handy little tool to add to my gun family. Planning on taking it out to the range tomorrow to see how well it cycles. I will report on it if that happens.

·
Registered
280 Posts
"......he was embarrassed "----

Why?
No reason to be.

Reactions: C5GUY

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
"......he was embarrassed "----
Why?
No reason to be.
No joke! That's a great little gun. Not my first pick for a SHTF BOB pack gun, but any gun is better than a stick. Especially if his kids got it for him.

Reactions: C5GUY

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Holy cow! You STOLE that thing. But why on Earth would a man trade off a firearm that was given to him by one of his kids? Speaking for myself, I wouldn't use a hi-point for much more than a doorstop, but if my kids gave me one as a gift, I'd be proud to keep it around.
Actually it is a H&K not a Hi-Point. I do have a Hi-Point 995TS and it works great as a doorstop and even better as a man stop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ain't that something?
What is its purpose?
Other than walking through a ton of .22 ammo I am hoping that it would scare the hell out of some people.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm aware that it's not a hi-point; it was just an analogy. I was just saying that if I were the other guy, and given a gun that I felt was near worthless, that I would still keep it just because my kids gave it to me.
Crap...now I have to go find my dictionary.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK I just got back from the range (indoor since it is like 33 and snowing like a mofo here). Went with one of my son's and we ran a 550 count box of Federal LR hollow points through this thing with not one FTF or eject issue. Damn it is amazing how fast 30 rounds will run through this and this was not really trying since this range does not allow "repetitive rounds" unless they are 1 second apart. I guess some sissy complained or some dude snuck in his fully auto AR and scared to poopy out of the other shooters. I have to find higher capacity mags for this thing, like 100 round drum or something. Made me feel all gansta' and crap.

Reactions: HVU

·
Registered
61 Posts
So how was the accuracy? Just trying to see if there was a big difference between this and the GSG-5. I had one of the GSG's that I SBR'd (barrel came out to around 9" or 10" I think) and I believe it was shooting ~1.5" groups or a little less at 50 yards. Either way, it's a cool little pistol!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So how was the accuracy? Just trying to see if there was a big difference between this and the GSG-5. I had one of the GSG's that I SBR'd (barrel came out to around 9" or 10" I think) and I believe it was shooting ~1.5" groups or a little less at 50 yards. Either way, it's a cool little pistol!
Accuracy does not seem to be the best in the world even though the sights front and rear are fully adjustable. I did not take a lot of time to sight it in due to all the people wanting on range time but will later on one of our bigger outdoor ranges that has the rifle clamps. I am not a fan of a laser sight but I had a guy that works at the range tell me that there is a dude that brings one of these there a lot and uses a green laser and is damn accurate with it at 25 to 40 yds. Fun to shoot and scares the hell out of non gun peeps...two pluses.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts