Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Long Distance Communication

6K views 21 replies 12 participants last post by  WoadWarrior 
#1 ·
I looked but, haven’t been able to find any thread on communication. Does anyone know any style of long distance communication that requires little energy? i.e. Can be used with solar panels but, I can get some serious distance. I’m building my house out in the middle of nowhere in Germany and it would be nice to speak to some peeps if SHTF. Any help is MUCHOOO apreciated. I'm an weapon expert not communication expert! ::redsnipe::

Discussion starter · #3 ·
Sounds easy enough, Any Idea on the range?

Discussion starter · #7 ·
Will the HAM work in Europe? I'll do some digging but, if anyone knows before I get a chance to feel free to chime in!

Discussion starter · #13 ·
Thanks Gents! I did some research and found a Military HAM radio club here in Germany! What are the odds. Maybe they can teach/instruct me on the process to get my license here in Germany. If that works out then all I'll need is a helllasous setup for the house. I live on one of the highest peeks in my area. So range should be awesome I would assume.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.