Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Is there an eminent threat that would require an elevated preparedness level country wide?

• Eminent Extreme Threat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • All SHTF Event Happening now

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have started this tread in response to an article I found on GETTR in regards to cargo ships in holding patters outside our main ports for unloading supplies to our supply chain. Currently there are thousands of cargo ships that have been placed in a holding pattern on all coastlines of the CONUS. This is not a good situation and as a result, freight trains are also being affected. Has anyone been monitoring this situation and does anyone have any feedback to add? This developing situation, in my opinion could signal that preparedness for country wide shut downs of food, petroleum, and raw material supply would cause supply chain shortages on a massive level. What are your suggestions and comments in regards to these recent reporting's? Thank you for your time in advance. Referencing Empty shelves? | The Radio Patriot

·
Registered
43 Posts
It does have a very high potential to be very bad. It depends on how people will react when things do start disappearing or limited to how many can buy.
If you have kids and have not done your Christmas shopping yet I would do it now.

Here is a video I listened to the other day while driving. It talks about it and explains what's going on.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It does have a very high potential to be very bad. It depends on how people will react when things do start disappearing or limited to how many can buy.
If you have kids and have not done your Christmas shopping yet I would do it now.

Here is a video I listened to the other day while driving. It talks about it and explains what's going on.

luckily our kids moved out 3 years ago and are on their own now. I started prepping 4 months ago. Have my jeep with Ham Radio, 3 month (25 year shelf life) food supply with 2 more years of supply on its way, 8x30 pack of water and other creature comforts as well as about 6 months of dry stock and canned food reserve. The armory is filled with the necessary hardware but minimal to my standard. The only thing I wish I had is a bunker or basement however, we live in the country in the "sticks" as they call it in western KY. I feel like we are off to a good start but the bunker is killing me! This new issue developing is singing issues to me that will have people scurrying and I am just thinking I need to raise my level of prep by burying long term food incase FEMA is activated to start confiscations in the next 6 to 9 months.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Good video! I agree it is possible that by February or March 2022 we could be on the rebound. Looking more like a 2 year issue to me before the supply chain can get back on track.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Love Dave Ramsey

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Scanning the news articles on "supply chain issues" show that recovery is slow and could last until 2022 however school food, electronics, car sales, clothing, diapers, books and more are being disrupted from labor issues and the lack of drivers to move incoming product from shipping docks country wide. Some companies are taking matters to their own hands by investing large sums of money to take over internal showing some promise and others are bosting data will help cure the issues. Others are saying that the current state of our logistics infrastructure signal a far greater problem that could last way longer than a couple years. Overall I am not seeing an end to this issue for some time and it appears we have not hit the apex of this problem yet.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
We live two miles from the main train line into Florida for the whole east coast, and everything east of the Mississippi River.
There should be a train every ten minutes during normal times.
Lately, there will be long periods, an hour or more, between trains.
It has not been this bad since the Great Recession.

Reactions: patriot6774

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We live two miles from the main train line into Florida for the whole east coast, and everything east of the Mississippi River.
There should be a train every ten minutes during normal times.
Lately, there will be long periods, an hour or more, between trains.
It has not been this bad since the Great Recession.
I see reports like that quite a bit. The wild thing is I am hearing is that the port is not allowing the trucks to pick up and truckers are leaving. I don't know who has the shipping docks doing that but they need to fix it soon or its gonna be ugly.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just read that leaked information was obtained from China regarding mass COVID event end of October. If this is true, this is absolute biological warfare. I feel like we will need to be ready soon. Need more info though. Anyone out there able to confirm this information?

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,938 Posts
Just read that leaked information was obtained from China regarding mass COVID event end of October. If this is true, this is absolute biological warfare. I feel like we will need to be ready soon. Need more info though. Anyone out there able to confirm this information?
I mean, the Δ variant is more contagious, and the end of October will be Halloween. Millions of people visiting dozens of other people each and exchanging small gifts by hand, followed by ingesting said gifts until comatose.
You don't have to be Nostradamus, and it doesn't have to be a bioweapon.

That said... it was certainly a bioweapon. Or at least the beginnings of one.

·
Registered
378 Posts
While most of our food isn't tied up in shipping containers, critical supplies are.
As machines break down, parts to repair them are getting scarce.
Food processing, and harvesting machines are at risk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I mean, the Δ variant is more contagious, and the end of October will be Halloween. Millions of people visiting dozens of other people each and exchanging small gifts by hand, followed by ingesting said gifts until comatose.
You don't have to be Nostradamus, and it doesn't have to be a bioweapon.

That said... it was certainly a bioweapon. Or at least the beginnings of one.
I guess there is a list of 23 other variants. Pretty sure China is the enemy of the world for releasing biological warfare agent to the world. I certainly am concerned about how people will continue to react in the face of logistics issues and the COVID thing.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
While most of our food isn't tied up in shipping containers, critical supplies are.
As machines break down, parts to repair them are getting scarce.
Food processing, and harvesting machines are at risk.
I would love to see even a general version of a list of those supplies that are being held up. Pretty sure we would be very surprised at some of the manifest.

·
Administrator
15,414 Posts
A lot of owner/operator truck drivers refuse to even enter the state of California due to their asinine DOT regulations.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts