Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after attending Tuesday's Rally in Albany I decided it was time for me to contact the heads of the local law enforcement and get their stance on this new law. Both the County Sheriff and the Chief of the Town Police say they won't enforce nor will they instruct their officers/deputies enforce this new law. Needless to say I'm very happy that they have decided that their Oath Of Office trumps this new law. I encourage anyone that lives in NY state to contact your local law enforcement and ask them to support the law abiding citizens of their jurisdictions.

-Infidel

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
So after attending Tuesday's Rally in Albany I decided it was time for me to contact the heads of the local law enforcement and get their stance on this new law. Both the County Sheriff and the Chief of the Town Police say they won't enforce nor will they instruct their officers/deputies enforce this new law. Needless to say I'm very happy that they have decided that their Oath Of Office trumps this new law. I encourage anyone that lives in NY state to contact your local law enforcement and ask them to support the law abiding citizens of their jurisdictions.

-Infidel
I could trust a Sheriff making that statement more then the chief of police. The Constitution doesn't even mention police just Sheriff's and they are the ranking law official. There is a big difference and that is a Sheriff is voted into office by the people of his county and can be voted out. The police Chief is beholden to the same people who write these unconstitutional laws. Police came in existence around the civil war and they are a European ideal.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The County Sheriff was the one whose statement I really wanted but I figured while I was at it I'd shoot for the Chief of Police. I suspect that most of the upstate NY Sheriffs are on the same page as mine, only time will tell. So basically in my area enforcement of the SAFE Act will fall to the State Police whom I'm sure will enforce it. It's going to be an interesting battle that's for sure.

-Infidel

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
The County Sheriff was the one whose statement I really wanted but I figured while I was at it I'd shoot for the Chief of Police. I suspect that most of the upstate NY Sheriffs are on the same page as mine, only time will tell. So basically in my area enforcement of the SAFE Act will fall to the State Police whom I'm sure will enforce it. It's going to be an interesting battle that's for sure.

-Infidel
What is sad is that the federal government has already started to try and get rid of Sheriff around the country because they are not under their control.
Ride: Is the Federal Government Trying to Get Rid of Your County Sheriff?

I believe there was a thread on this forum on the US government getting rid of Sheriffs.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
Good to see that some folks have a brain and still remember how to use it and prudent judgement. Seems to be a rare quality in many folks these days...at least in 51% anyways.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There are a couple gun ranges near me that are within 50 yards of the road. I don't use them because I shoot on my own land.
Anyway,I stopped and watched guys with semi's and big mags poppin' away
I know there's a few places like that across the state and I'm sure the State Police will be watching those ranges closely. That is unless the individual Troopers have some sort of backbone and refuse to enforce it too. You can be absolutely assured that the SP as a whole will adopt a policy of enforcement since the Superintendent of the SP is appointed by and serves at the pleasure of the Governor (Der Fuhrer). I'm sure some local Police agencies will also adopt a policy of enforcement depending on the political beliefs of their department heads. Ultimately I'd like to see all of the Sheriffs of NY get together and publicly state that they won't enforce it.

As a side note if your local law enforcement says they won't enforce it make sure you thank them for their support. I think it's important to that they know that they are not in this alone and that WE will have their backs if they need us. Both of the officials that I e-mailed and got responses from were on the local talk radio station publicly opposing the SAFE act but I wanted them to specifically state that they wouldn't enforce any unconstitutional law.

-Infidel

·
Registered
887 Posts
Law Enforcement are doing a good job for the most part on the 2nd Amendment issue. But can w eget them up to speed on the rest of the Constitution and the way our some of our LAWS are violating them.

Just thinking outloud that this is a good time to educate America about the Constitution. Its not the big of a document that one should not understand the totality of it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts