Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Life up here in the Ozarks of NW Arkansas might bring some advantages if/when SHTF happens. We have plenty of spring fed water sources that run all young long including during summer droughts and most people here are hardy, and independent plus most are well armed. Very little to none gang activity with the largest town being Fayetteville. Lots of caves and rural areas might come in handy too. The downside is that it gets plenty cold up here and stays below freezing sometimes several days in a row so shelter is a must. I know that there are many other preppers here but they, like us, keep a low profile.
C5GUY

·
Registered
693 Posts
My parents are actually looking for a retirement house on a lake in that general area!

·
Registered
84 Posts
I would love to live there! Beautiful country and easy to stay hidden if need be. :)

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
acidlittle said:
My parents are actually looking for a retirement house on a lake in that general area!
Beaver Lake has a ton of undeveloped land for sale and sometimes at a decent price. Good, deep, clear lake but lots of algae issues in the fall.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gitnready4it said:
I would love to live there! Beautiful country and easy to stay hidden if need be. :)
I dg that fact and the many sources of quality water but the winter temps can be tough for Arkansas.

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Hey Neysa, once Mad Trapper finds out what you did with this thread and others ...... your ass is grass. he ain't been in a very good mood lately.

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Hey Neysa, once Mad Trapper finds out what you did with this thread and others ...... your ass is grass. he ain't been in a very good mood lately.
When you stop sending all this hot humid weather up here I'll be fine.

What do you Rebels do when the dew point is mid 70s and temps in the mid 90s? AC costs too much so this Yankee (but a Red Sox fan)is going back to the man cave in the basement.........it's 65 0F down there and the beer is near 32 oF.

P.S. No problem with southerners, just polking some fun. You guys/gals have a lot in common with myself.......I need a cold one

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Life up here in the Ozarks of NW Arkansas might bring some advantages if/when SHTF happens. We have plenty of spring fed water sources that run all young long including during summer droughts and most people here are hardy, and independent plus most are well armed. Very little to none gang activity with the largest town being Fayetteville. Lots of caves and rural areas might come in handy too. The downside is that it gets plenty cold up here and stays below freezing sometimes several days in a row so shelter is a must. I know that there are many other preppers here but they, like us, keep a low profile.
C5GUY
I've never been there, but from the hunting videos I've seen it's sure beautiful country. It looks like a sportsman paradise.

·
Registered
3,514 Posts
When you stop sending all this hot humid weather up here I'll be fine.

What do you Rebels do when the dew point is mid 70s and temps in the mid 90s? AC costs too much so this Yankee (but a Red Sox fan)is going back to the man cave in the basement.........it's 65 0F down there and the beer is near 32 oF.

P.S. No problem with southerners, just polking some fun. You guys/gals have a lot in common with myself.......I need a cold one
Yes it's very hot in the summer " NC " but winter is ok we get some snow but the temps are ok in my book , I just wish I could find a place were the temps get no higher then 70 degrees in the summer and no lower then 0 degrees in the winter , and then I will be a happy camper .

·
Registered
8,213 Posts
Yes it's very hot in the summer " NC " but winter is ok we get some snow but the temps are ok in my book , I just wish I could find a place were the temps get no higher then 70 degrees in the summer and no lower then 0 degrees in the winter , and then I will be a happy camper .
I've just got to happy I'm not a 15 year old again stacking bales in the barn this week......well maybe not, the farm girls in the hayloft were a lot of fun.

No Farms, no farm Girls!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts