Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Living In The Country SUCKS...When all you want is...

7K views 33 replies 19 participants last post by  Mad Trapper 
#1 ·
...A damn Pizza Delivered!

Once a year, Mrs Slippy and her sisters (and Mom but her Mom is dead now) go to the beach, usually around fall time. I take this opportunity to get shit done that if Mrs Slippy were here, I'd have to put up with her constant bullshat about this and that etc...And Mrs S is not here to help me out...

So I get my project done, get a shower and crack open a bottle of Maker's Mark Bourbon Whisky and have a couple of tall drinks. Well, now I'm thinking..."A Pizza sure would taste good right about now"...But lo and freakin' behold, nobody deliver's out this far.

The county still does not have an "official" address for Slippy Lodge, they have a plat number for tax purposes and the access road to Slippy Lodge has an address for 911 purposes but that's it. The closest Pizza Joint is an independently owned restaurant that does not deliver and the closest dominoes is about 12 miles away.

Since I've been drinking, I WILL NOT get in the truck and go anywhere so NO PIZZA FOR SLIPPY TONITE! Well, if that's the worst thing about living free then I'll take it!

Guess I'll have to improvise...(time for another sip of Bourbon Whisky!) :vs_closedeyes:

See less See more
#2 ·
Yep. I know, and it is GREAT!!
I love living out past the end of the pavement.

Nearest Dominoes is two towns away, maybe 24 miles.
Mom & Pop pizza joint in our nearby town will deliver - it we meet them up on the paved road.

I'm just an anti-social son-of-a-gun, people annoy me.

#4 ·
I got a double box of Chef Boy Ar Dee sitting on the shelf back in the pantry . . . just exactly for such purposes.

But I usually take two slices of swiss cheese . . . put a couple slices of canadian bacon between them . . . grab a ripe tomato . . . hot cup of coffee . . . and just realize I didn't really want pizza anyway.

Cause there just flat ain't nobody delivers to my place . . . and that don't bother me one bit . . . for all or RPD's reasons, plus a few of my own.

Went to town today to buy the wife a new vinyl tablecloth and two sacks of bird seed . . . just loved seeing my garage door as I pulled back in the driveway.

May God bless,
Dwight

#14 ·
Who needs pizza when you got this?

View attachment 108943
I may be wrong . . . but I'm thinking we got pigeons and crows bigger than that poor thing.

Y'all need to feed them once in a while . . . :vs_laugh:

May God bless,
Dwight

#10 ·
#20 ·
I may be wrong . . . but I'm thinking we got pigeons and crows bigger than that poor thing.

Y'all need to feed them once in a while . . . :vs_laugh:

May God bless,
Dwight
I will admit that was a strange photo of that chicken stretching her neck, I guess she knew I was hungry and wanted to look as lean and pitiful as she could! Before someone calls SPCA on me for chicken abuse, here's a better shot of that same chicken!

Bird Phasianidae Beak Chicken Galliformes

#15 ·

Once a year, Mrs Slippy and her sisters (and Mom but her Mom is dead now) go to the beach, usually around fall time. I take this opportunity to get shit done that if Mrs Slippy were here, I'd have to put up with her constant bullshat about this and that etc...And Mrs S is not here to help me out...

So I get my project done, get a shower and crack open a bottle of Maker's Mark Bourbon Whisky and have a couple of tall drinks. Well, now I'm thinking..."A Pizza sure would taste good right about now"...But lo and freakin' behold, nobody deliver's out this far.

The county still does not have an "official" address for Slippy Lodge, they have a plat number for tax purposes and the access road to Slippy Lodge has an address for 911 purposes but that's it. The closest Pizza Joint is an independently owned restaurant that does not deliver and the closest dominoes is about 12 miles away.

Since I've been drinking, I WILL NOT get in the truck and go anywhere so NO PIZZA FOR SLIPPY TONITE! Well, if that's the worst thing about living free then I'll take it!

Guess I'll have to improvise...(time for another sip of Bourbon Whisky!) :vs_closedeyes:
https://www.wikihow.com/Make-French-Bread-Pizza

#16 ·
I will keep my space over pizza anytime. If I want one bad enough I can jump on the bike ride 13 miles and get one. Of just grab one out of the freeze and 18 minutes it is ready.

Reactions: Slippy
#21 ·

Don't tell anyone but I use these...you can add mozzarella and other toppings...

Food Ingredient Dish Cuisine Convenience food

#25 ·
I have to admit I love my pizza, being an old Chicago boy. Here in Houston dominoes is about as good as it gets. It's not Anthony's deep dish on a cold Chicago night, but it will do when I am feeling lazy and have had drink or two. That said, I would trade pizza delivery for the country life in a heart beat.

I like @Inor 's idea, I am not half the cook my wife was but I will have to try making one myself and putting it on the grill. Ingredients are easy enough.

#30 ·
Do it the true Southern way.
Make a deep dish crust by rolling out a can of biscuit dough.
Man. it's great!! But it may "bind you up" just a tad, if you get my drift.

Reactions: Inor and Slippy
#34 · (Edited)
@Slippy, glad you didn't run out of bourbon........that'd be worse! :vs_shocked:

Did ya really need pizza? How about chilli? I make a mean batch of chilli with meat that is available (sausage beef venison), beans peppers tomatoes onion garlic corn black olives spices.......a couple gallons.

Then I can or freeze quarts for when needed. All you need to do is put a quart in a pot and heat it up, takes 5 minutes. But you also need some cheese and bread for fixins.

P.S. some of my chilli, you need beer for a chaser.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.