Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,

Was driving down the road today and Tim McGraw's "live like you were dying" came up in Pandora. While the song is singing about someone with a terminal disease making the most of their time left, it made me think of prepping.
Preppers prepare for any situation that would be categorized as a disaster. When that happens your life is more or less likely going to be in some sort of jeopardy thus making your time left on earth potentially limited as well. I started to think that everyone should live like they were dying including preppers. We never know when the good Lord is going to call us.
What are you doing or what would you do to make the most of your time here? Would you spend more time with the family, sky dive, hunt in Africa, etc.
I am making the most of my time by doing the things that won't be available to me if SHTF. I'm starting to backpack so I can see all of the great place that nature has blessed me with, soon when I get some more money I'm going to take sky diving lessons locally, I'm learning more about guns (which is good for my prepping desires), and I'd like to fix relationships I've ruined with past mistakes.
What would you do?

-Frank

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I'm in my mid-60's and in reasonable health, single with no dependents, but one of the things I like doing is handing out cash to my sister and nieces when they need it, plus big dollops on their birthdays. I mean, I've got no use for the cash so I might as well dish it out to them, it sorta gives my life some meaning, boy am I one weird s.o.b

1 - 2 of 2 Posts