Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a good recommendation for a tent that fits the bill for those specifications? I'm looking for one to put in a BOB that is nice and compact when packed up but will keep me dry and have room for myself and my gear. The other thing is, I don't reall want to spend $400 on a tent if I can get a good alternative. I know a tarp is nice and compact but they tend to not keep bugs and snakes out. Two things I hate. It almost seems like I can't find a happy medium, between inexpensive and large stores or compact and expensive as hell. If anyone could give me recommendations, I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
100 Posts
any walmart tent will do....plus a few tarps will make you a fine shelter.....I would recommend a 4 man tent..that way you can hold all your gear

·
Registered
69 Posts
You know, I've had very good luck with the bivy tent from Sportsmans Guide. I also use a silnylon tarp if I want to go super light weight.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys. That's encouraging. Truly. I was afraid I'd need to throw down some serious $$ to get a decent tent.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wal Mart tents work in good weather. However, if you are displaced from your home what is the weather going to be? There is only one shelter proven in any weather, world wide. The Arctic Oven from Alaska Tent and Tarp. My Grandpa always said, "you get what you pay for" ; buy a crappie gun? it may or may not work...buy a crappie shelter...Good Luck!

Alaska Tent & Tarp :: Arctic Oven, Wall Tents, Portable Buildings, Secondary Containment

1 - 6 of 6 Posts