Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is DKX Armor, the weight really surprised when I first held it. Compared to the heavy plates I was issued in the Marines. For bugging out I think this armor is the best because its weight and its multi hit capable, Its spalling protection stays on better then ar500 I think. Part of the reason I chose to sell this armor.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Its really good, the investment is the energy you save by having a lighter load while still being protected up to .308 multiple hit. Look at black Friday, lady kills people for an xbox... imagine actually having to go out and get any type of food in the city when shtf, even your own backyard garden the ill prepared neighbors know about. unless your neighbors prep too in which case you'll have a strong community already.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lol, well the reason there's an emphasis on the multi hit is because in a shtf type situation(where body armor isn't replaced by a chain of command, or bought online anymore) if you take a hit you can still use the armor for some protection. The armor wont be useless and will still stop most common rounds people have. Now that doesn't mean you wont get hit by a .50 cal or BMG type round...lol

It's like prepping for a nuke emp, but if the nuke hits right on top of you not much could be done...

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
body armor here is illegal.... unless you have a license

saying that, trying to work a way around that (a tacticool plate carrier, and some open source information... maybe) but the notion of "why do civilians need body armor" should be "why do we prep" and we prep to survive (had to feed the trolls out there...)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Why is this stuff available to civilians? There is no reason they would need it unless they were trying to start a war or do some sort of criminal activity.
For the same reason fire extinguishers are sold, the same reason we wear seat belts, for the same reason we put gates around swimming pools. For protection. We believe in freedom to protect ourselves from fires, accidents, and the tyrannical governments our forefathers have warned us about. What does that mean you may ask? Have you picked up a newspaper lately? Americans believe in a free market and we are driven by capitalism. Everything this current administration believes in is against everything generations before us have sacrificed. I feel sorry for your lack of attention to current events. The liberal spin on the news is hurting this country and you seem to have fallen victim once again. I pray for you to God, to open your eyes. Instead of coming here and questioning our beliefs, why don't you question why you think the way you do. Because usually liberals are driven my emotion and what feels good. You don't need to be a bleeding heart liberal to care about people. You can throw around words like truth and discrimination and all this makes you is a coward.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
when my boys were growing up and training at the range I had them wear body armor. I was pleased with my choice and we wear armor for blm in case some one isn't being as careful as we are...
My body armor is super heavy with the sappy plates. now I put that out at the ranch... there's no way I could hump it. I have been thinking about the lighter alternative. id like to know more about multi hit technology. I never thought about that.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
What would silencing you have to do with silencing the truth? To be honest I don't think the request would silence you but simply move your nonsense to another venue.
heh aint that sure!! truth is about perception. cant change facts but one can manipulate the heck out of truth.

our best bet is to not feed the trolls. one thing attention whores don't like is being ignored, passed over...

·
Registered
686 Posts
Why is this stuff available to civilians? There is no reason they would need it unless they were trying to start a war or do some sort of criminal activity.
It's available to civilians because the ability to passively protect yourself from gunfire is not illegal, immoral, or stupid. Many weapons training classes encourage or require the use of at least soft body armor just from a safety aspect. And it doesn't make you bullet proof, but it does protect your vital organs. When you can guarantee me that some idiot isn't going to try to rob me at gunpoint, or carjack me, then I will happily hang up my body armor. Until then, it's pretty good insurance.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
question about this product. the sappy is part of a system. gotta have this with that... I have the usmc version. will this plate come with vest? will it fit nicely in a vest that is prepared for the heavier sappy? are the size of the plates similar where we can buy the plates. please tell more about this product.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts