Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I picked up a few LifeStraws (Vestergaard Frandsen : LifeStraw®) to add to our stores of gear. Very cool concept. Having been to Haiti, I've seen some of the water sources that folks have to drink from and it's gut wrenching. I was just wondering if anyone's put one of these straws to the test? They come in heat sealed plastic, which I'd like to leave in tact until the need for use, but part of me wants to bust one out and suck up some water from a dirty puddle just to see if they hold up.

Anyone out there who has field tested these? If so...what do you think?

Thanks

·
Registered
634 Posts
We have one not the lifestraw brand but have used it several times out camping this summer. Strait from the lake and no one got sick. the water came out tasting just fine. The lifestraw is by far the most advertised, I would say its more than likely a quality product.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I have one. You have to suck pretty hard and the water tastes a little funny, but it seems to do the job.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
I have a dozen of them, never tried one myself so I hope the reviews of others I have read are accurate.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have field tested a few! Works like a charm. I dont know how else to explain it. It works exactly how it is supposed to and tasted absolutely fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts