Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
OOPS!!! I don't know about a straw purchase but she definitely lied during the transfer. It could be a fraud charge.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Out of state purchase. Federal law broken. I would be in prison. Because they are pushing the agenda they will get an award for reporting.

Our government is broken. Those with money get as much justice as they can afford. Lady liberty with a beam scale and a blind fold is a lie perpetuated by those in high places.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
They will not lock up a good liberal reporter or Hillary

·
Registered
12,444 Posts
Great time for an arrest and trial. It will get the message out. Let the Libtards do some time.

Reactions: SGT E

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
Out of state purchase. Federal law broken.
Nope. No federal law broken. It was a long gun. Perfectly legal.
In fact, I just bought a shotgun last week at a Georgia gun store, and I'm a Florida resident. I have done it a dozen times since moving to the border area in the 1990's.
State of residence, current Florida address, everything on the 4473. When they call it in, they repeat that to the FBI along with their store FFL number and location.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope. No federal law broken. It was a long gun. Perfectly legal.
In fact, I just bought a shotgun last week at a Georgia gun store, and I'm a Florida resident. I have done it a dozen times since moving to the border area in the 1990's.
State of residence, current Florida address, everything on the 4473. When they call it in, they repeat that to the FBI along with their store FFL number and location.
n an anti-gun segment intended to show how easy it is to purchase an AR-15 rifle, CBS reporter Paula Reid bought the firearm at SpecDive Tactical and then transferred the gun to a "federally licensed firearms dealer" just a few hours later.

Ryan Lamke, general manager of SpecDive, told the Washington Free Beacon Reid paid for the rifle with cash, claiming she planned to "undergo training." He claimed the reporter "refused basic, free instruction of firearms safety under the pretense that she was using the firearm for training with a NRA certified instructor."

"Due to the information provided in the CBS News report filed today, I suspect Ms. Reid committed a straw purchase and procurement of a firearm under false pretenses," he added.

So she didn't buy it pre meditated to selling it to someone else just a short time later?

I'd be in Jail for this crap if I did it....even if the buying FFL didnt know.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
I'm sorry as my part time job is to sell firearms from what the article said there is no problem

a. She purchased a legal firearm under her name and had no restrictions that she did not claim, so she gets a gun

b. I don't care how long after the transaction .... if she decides to sell the gun to another person, that is her right.

c. Its even better that she sold it to a FFL dealer, as they are the best person to transfer a firearm to.

d. The only place where she would have screwed up is to sell the firearm to a person she knew was not legally able to own a firearm.

So in closing the reporter showed how easy it was to buy a firearm in the USA, THANK GOD, everyone should know this and exercise their right!!!

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One other thing...was it her cash or the stations?...Her private Credit card?

·
Administrator
14,699 Posts
n an anti-gun segment intended to show how easy it is to purchase an AR-15 rifle, CBS reporter Paula Reid bought the firearm at SpecDive Tactical and then transferred the gun to a "federally licensed firearms dealer" just a few hours later.

Ryan Lamke, general manager of SpecDive, told the Washington Free Beacon Reid paid for the rifle with cash, claiming she planned to "undergo training." He claimed the reporter "refused basic, free instruction of firearms safety under the pretense that she was using the firearm for training with a NRA certified instructor."

"Due to the information provided in the CBS News report filed today, I suspect Ms. Reid committed a straw purchase and procurement of a firearm under false pretenses," he added.

So she didn't buy it pre meditated to selling it to someone else just a short time later?

I'd be in Jail for this crap if I did it....even if the buying FFL didnt know.
My response was to the comment that it was an out of state purchase, and thereby broke federal law.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
One other thing...was it her cash or the stations?...Her private Credit card?
Meaningless

It doesn't matter how you pay for a gun, it matters if you can legally own one and if you are buying it for yourself

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
I read an article about this earlier this week and maybe misinformed. I understood that one of the purchases was from a private person not an ffl over state lines by an assistant to the reporter with the reporter women's money that she then resold to an ffl.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Ok, my last post wasn't perfectly clear so...

The method of payment doesn't matter, as long as the person that is actually receiving the firearm is filling out the 4473, everything is golden.

My main question for a firearms purchase is "where will the gun be tonight".

As long as I know that the person receiving the firearm has a valid address on their drivers, and the BFI comes back with a "proceed" on the 4473 then I can transfer the firearm.

·
Registered
2,608 Posts
Not even two years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court in Abramski v. U.S. held that where even a non-prohibited person paid for a firearm on behalf of another non-prohibited person, such constituted a straw purchase, which is illegal under federal law. In relation to Columnist Ubinas, she admits that she was on “assignment” and used her company’s credit card for the Ar-15; yet, she is the one that purchased it. Even if she were to allege that she purchased it on behalf of the company, which can be lawful in certain contexts, she admitted to telling the FFL that she was purchasing it for herself and therefore failed to comply with 27 C.F.R. 478.124(g), which again results in the purchase being a straw purchase. Furthermore, Pennsylvania law also prohibits straw purchasers pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. 6111.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
on a lighter side

hillary.jpg

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Not even two years ago, the U.S. Supreme Court in Abramski v. U.S. held that where even a non-prohibited person paid for a firearm on behalf of another non-prohibited person, such constituted a straw purchase, which is illegal under federal law. In relation to Columnist Ubinas, she admits that she was on "assignment" and used her company's credit card for the Ar-15; yet, she is the one that purchased it. Even if she were to allege that she purchased it on behalf of the company, which can be lawful in certain contexts, she admitted to telling the FFL that she was purchasing it for herself and therefore failed to comply with 27 C.F.R. 478.124(g), which again results in the purchase being a straw purchase. Furthermore, Pennsylvania law also prohibits straw purchasers pursuant to 18 Pa.C.S. 6111.
Yes
It isn't rocket science, don't buy for the other guy.

If I buy a firearm using a discount I have being a employee of a seller, and then you give me money for the firearm equal to the amount I spent it is still a straw purchase.

If you hire a person for a job and instead of giving him cash, give him a firearm purchased at a local dealer, it is an straw purchase

Just get your stuff from gun shows or other private sales if you don't want a paper trail.

Reactions: SGT E

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
I would only buy a firearm for my wife or children. If I did buy a gun for anyone else they would need to fill out the paperwork for the FFL transfer then I would pay for the gun.

No different than me loaning a friend 1,000 at a gunshow to buy a gun.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts