Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Banned
1,895 Posts
Geeeezzzzzz. Do they make pills for that?
Yes they are called nootropics but they won't work unless you also rack up about 7 years of postsecondary studies in an arts faculty.

· Banned
1,895 Posts
I tried to read it. Really, I did. It was like reading William Faulkner from the future on a bad LSD trip. My head hurts. We should develop a demerit system. Just sayin'.
I'm not forcing you to read anything. If you don't like long posts don't read them. I am not a cult head you do not need to follow everything I write. I am not responsible for your inabilities.

Reactions: tinkerhell

· Banned
1,895 Posts
I think we are moving toward an era where capitalism Is not as influential as it once was. Capitalism has always worked under the fundamental belief that markets are going to continually grow. But we know that isn't true. Not all markets will grow. Some have to change with the technologies. Some will collapse with the technologies. Some traditional jobs will continue to pay well, others will not.
There are definately some issues with capitalism - particularly if shortage exists. As long as there is a source of capital capable of keeping military dominance it will be powerful. Personally I think we are heading to "hyper-corporatism". We can see this with the proliferation of free trade, WTO, NAFTA, Eurozone. Its all about "degovernmentalization". As long as the rich keep bailing out government its not really an issue. Capitalism will always exist as long as private property exists, imo. I think we see the trend of more and more corporate power, and more and more police state. It is a neo-fascism that is rising, extreme police states, and corporate influence. We saw this prior to WWII with the rise of Benito Mussolini - however there were others, Franco etc.. we all know that story.

In Canada I think we could see more equalization if the NDP win the election especially if they hold to their 15$ an hour pledge- the real question is though, will it cause more unemployment. We can also look at higher taxes too, once the tax rate gets above about 70% we are moving from a free market system into a command economy. Really we are all in Mixed economies, its not really free market capitalism, these free trade agreements though better facilitate the free market for international corporations, they are still being taxed at some point though.

I think it will take a few decades before things really change, atleast 10 years. The governments will die if they can't support the social security net, then we will be moving into neo-fascism out of need because without that it will be the great depression all over again. I don't have much confidence in the poor to manage the system, but if they don't no one will.

We have 5 or 10 years before resources get scarcer. We know gold and oil are going to increase in rariity unless there is development in the oceans.

There should be some more liberalization of production, but this will only ruin the concept of collectivism as a social force, it will in turn make it more of a small group reality as management of production is no longer required. It is hard to imagine nationalization of the resource sectors that would end old model exploitation capitalism, I think luxury capitalism will be here for a long time to come.

I think it is going the other way. This is only exasperated with technology due to military power in the hands of the few - in the police in the military - with fewer and fewer humans needed for the same capacity. This is part of the reason I support the militia movement because it keeps power in the hands of the people, not the oligicrats that administer a very fascist and totalitarian system.

Of course it is horrible if the government ever attacks the the people, but at least people could die fighting for freedom. I would hope we would never see rife political imprisonment of people for their views or desire for liberty. There is a fantasy to it because it is unfathomable, and so illdesired.

Just a point on oil we are have started the move to shale oil, but once this is gone, oil is largely gone.
Some areas will last longer, but Russia and China have shorter lifespans for oil production. Its those areas that will need to transition their economy from petrochemicals to non-petrochemicals - especially with commitment to cut co2 emissions. We'll see, I think 10-20 years is a good timeframe for the economic cycle to conitnue - of course the US is slipping as the lead for the world economy, with that the USD will eventually start sliding. We'll see, we don't see it now but it will be with time. People say recovery in 6 months to a year, I think it will be a few years atleast. World population up = per capita global wealth down - note I view nature as wealth too.

· Registered
6,086 Posts
I speculate that the sun will rise in the east and set in the west -whether we are here or not.
At least until the magnetic field flops again. Then the Sun will rise in the west and set in the east. Although New York will then be West of Colorado and The Pacific will be East of Colorado.
For me the sun will rise over the Blue mountains and set over the Cascade mountains until the tectonic plates rearrange everything again. I will probably decide to die before that happens.

· Registered
65 Posts
I’ll keep mine short . In summation I believe big tech is utilizing social media to create a generation of completely dependent individuals who can easily be dominated. I am part owner of a moving company for reasons I don’t care to get into because I said I would keep this post short. I have to work on the trucks every day . Every day that I work in the trucks, I go into a different home and every single day there is a child in a corner on an iPad or a phone completely hunched over like a zombie. Think about it .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
65 Posts
We are seeing dramatic, decreases in grades across the boards they keep dumbing down the standards to which our children are held. I have five children and I raise my children every day telling them they must be self-sufficient . it is a constant battle within my home because my children are desperate to play these video games and I see all their friends do nothing but play video games all the parents they just let their kids come over to my house most of these parents I haven’t even met them, if I go over to their house, the parents are stuck in a corner on the phone. I tell my kids every day we have to be different. I have taught my kids how to shoot bows how to fish how to be responsible to know that rest can only come after all responsibilities are complete. But I tell you our household seems like one in 1 million in our neighborhood in white suburbia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 - 32 of 32 Posts