Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Macy's carries nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing, that would be useful in a crisis situation.

What? No one else checked at Macy's for their supplies? :lol:

·
Registered
245 Posts
lol. They have gold. Might be a little over priced for the use though.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You know, I thought about that but after doing some research felt it would be a HUGE waste of fiat. (I am hedging against the can being kicked for the rest of my lifetime...just in case it is...lol.) I was trying to figure out what to do with my Kay's card and couldn't find anything that had a high enough gold content to even bother. Ah well. I would have at least thought that Macy's would have had a good cast iron dutch oven.

·
Registered
245 Posts
K I looked at Macy's.com and even the damn outdoors section is pretty metrosexual so the best I could find is boots. lol

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Nope. But they usually have some pretty hot, kinda' trashy, inked up hotties at some of the make-up counters. Try the MAC counter ::clapping:: ... I mean, that's where my wife gets her make-up.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm more of a Chanel kinda girl myself, lol...but you can't eat Chanel, or shoot anything with it, so I try to be practical about these things ;)

·
Registered
433 Posts
whyspers said:
Macy's carries nothing...and I mean absolutely nothing, that would be useful in a crisis situation.

What? No one else checked at Macy's for their supplies? :lol:
Have you tried TJ Maxx or Dillards??? :mrgreen:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No...can't say that I have. I'm not really one for shopping and can safely say I've never been in a TJ Maxx or Dillards in my life. I don't think they have them up here (or anywhere I've lived) as far as I know. Why? Do they have anything useful or are you just making fun of my hopes for Macy's? :D

·
Registered
433 Posts
whyspers said:
No...can't say that I have. I'm not really one for shopping and can safely say I've never been in a TJ Maxx or Dillards in my life. I don't think they have them up here (or anywhere I've lived) as far as I know. Why? Do they have anything useful or are you just making fun of my hopes for Macy's? :D
A little of both...teasing you a little but on the other hand of the 3 can openers I store for SHTF 2 of them were purchased at a TJ Maxx for less than $5.00 each.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Can opener. I have to make sure my manual can openers survived my youngest before she left for school. Sure am glad you brought that up. Most of my spoons are buried somewhere in the back yard, I think. I'm down to 2.

I don't really know if there are any TJ Maxx stores around here, but I will have to check.

·
Registered
693 Posts
bigdogbuc said:
Nope. But they usually have some pretty hot, kinda' trashy, inked up hotties at some of the make-up counters. Try the MAC counter ::clapping:: ... I mean, that's where my wife gets her make-up.
Those are my kind of ladies you are talking about, seriously! I need to go to macy's!

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
whyspers said:
Can opener. I have to make sure my manual can openers survived my youngest before she left for school. Sure am glad you brought that up. Most of my spoons are buried somewhere in the back yard, I think. I'm down to 2.

I don't really know if there are any TJ Maxx stores around here, but I will have to check.
I've gone through two complete sets of silverware in a year. At least now I know it's not just my kids. Now if I can only explain where all of the plates and cups have gone. And my little military P-38 can opener (or whatever it's called) has outlasted not only my electric can opener, but two of those big hand cranked ones as well. Fortunately, it hasn't made it's way to the backyard or the trash can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
bigdogbuc said:
And my little military P-38 can opener (or whatever it's called) has outlasted not only my electric can opener, but two of those big hand cranked ones as well. Fortunately, it hasn't made it's way to the backyard or the trash can.
Keep that safe on your key chain, do you? :lol: That's would be the only explanation I would have for why yours survived while both of mine disappeared well over a decade ago.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts