Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is no joke.

Leon from here was in a very bad car accident and is currently in the hospital. Basically i would just like people to go over to his Youtube page and wish him a speedy and full recovery. Looks like he will be in physical therapy for awhile and this will put a damper on his prepping, but thank god he's alive.

His Youtube is LeonRFpoa

Thanks, and if he's reading this thread in the hospital, we wish you a speedy recovery!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Holy crap! Thats messed up bad! That figures about some DA hitting him because they were on a cell phone. I'm glad he's at least putting a video out there instead of being in the dark. I wrote him and if insurance doesn't pick up on his car, then we'll setup a paypal donation if he wants to get him back up and running!

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Yeah I have a shattered femur and foot, some nasty lacerations but my head chest and arms were ok for the most part. got some big stitches to remove later on but I'll be ok.

Check out the CR-V, can you believe I was dragged from it alive?!

and then the trauma ward

and then my thoughts in the recovery room

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Leon, give me a shout tomorrow (PM) after your surgery and tell me a place that delivers pizza to your ward and tell me what you want on it. Compliments of me and acidlittle!

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
I'm going home tomorrow for some rest and to let my titanium meld with my bones. It will take a few months but I'll walk again. The guy who hit me may never walk or function again like a normal person, he's in bad bad shape. Me I was using biofeedback or my 'chi' to stop my bleeding and shock almost since the very first moments of the collision and you can really see it in the "i was almost killed" video how you hear very little distress on my voice. By that time I'd stopped the bleeding and come out of shock of sheer will. A week later I am ready to go home, many if my doctors told me they never saw anything like it. I came in with a triple debilitation but bounced back within a week. The powers of the will can never be explained by science, I am just glad I learned them from a young age in martial arts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So you were under the tutelage of Chuck Norris.

Reactions: preppermama

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Evacdad said:
Chuck Norris would be able to stop anybody's bleeding and not even be at the crash site.
:lol: I don't know exactly how to put it in words. At first I was very angry at the guy and very serious because I was spurting blood. I asked a bystander for a towel and quickly instructed another to compress the artery, then recall being so angry as I realized he'd caused a collision and ruined my car and possibly my legs that I said "You dumb sonofabitch" so loud the firefighters heard me over the jaws of life. Then I started controlling my breathing and focused on myself and what was going on with me. Within about five minutes I was falling out of shock and my bleeding was stopped,

When they cut me out and finally pulled me free, I was so thankful that the guys pulled my leg straight and ended my pain that I started making jokes and patting them on the backs and just put anything else out of my mind but how damn glad I was to have a straight leg again. I could feel it still but "it hurt so bad it didn't hurt" if that makes any sense. From that point on I buried any pain or anything else in just screw-off comic banter with the paramedics that they fed into, so I fed into it and we kept each other fairly entertained all the way to the hospital.

When I arrived, I realized I had a pretty good grip on my mental state and that's the key to biofeedback- the mind is a very gullible thing and can fool itself. I went with humor, which was a big hit in the trauma ward. They say laughter is the best medicine, they weren't shitting. The shaolin monks would focus on happiness and tranquility, and I haven't tried the straight up balls-out chakra like that yet, but this stuff really does work. I was doing the "Ah shit MY back and my neck, my neck and my back!" thing and carrying on instead of moan and groan and fret about it, and damned if my body didn't start deluding itself into thinking it was ok. I just kept that attitude and force of will up as hard as I could, every waking moment of every day since then. Every minute, every thought must be disciplined to allow no despair in. On the other side of that coin, it has been proven that people can worry and despair themselves to death very quickly. They guys who worked on me came in this morning and talked with me about for an hour with faces of wonder and dumbstruck smiles when I explained it to them, too. I was actually the fastest triple-limb trauma recovery on record at that hospital. They also told me I was the most pleasant patient in recent memory (trauma victims are NOT happy campers) and when I mentioned biofeedback/chi/chakra/chigong and mind over matter Dr. Nathan just gabbed to no end. He's going to bring me back in a couple weeks and see if he can catch chi on MRI gathering at my titanium implants, If the theory is true, it's a type of bioelectricity and it will gather in visible amounts at my implants. Fascinating shit really.

Oh by the way, I'm back home- was discharged for ten lacerations, two broken legs, one debilitated arm and a crack that runs across my sternum and right rib cage in exactly seven days. :D If that's not proof this shit works I don't know what is. Surviving was lucky but recovering like that...lightning doesn't strike twice. Thanks to all my pal's here and on YT who gave me fuel for my positivity to feed from. I'll do you a video about chakras and mind over matter some time. I never thought I would have to use it but it's damn good to know.

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
..When I arrived, I realized I had a pretty good grip on my mental state and that's the key to biofeedback- the mind is a very gullible thing and can fool itself. I went with humor, which was a big hit in the trauma ward. They say laughter is the best medicine, they weren't shitting. .
Yes mate you're a great example to us all about how having the right mindset can help us in any bad situations that come along in life, whether accidents or anything else.
I'm a 'laugher' like you, always seeing the funny side of things, it works wonders like you say.
For example WW2 fighter ace Douglas Bader lost both legs in an air crash, and when the doctors told him they could fit him with artificial ones, he replied "Make them a couple of inches longer than my old ones will you, i always wanted to be taller"..:)

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Oh it slowed down on me at around 5-6 months. I had numerable traumas, multi-trauma victims usually DO take longer to heal than just a guy who broke a leg, so that's pretty normal. Got a new doctor and looking at some more surgery soon b/c my leg still has a femur that isn't quite joined to the metal rod in it. Using a ultrasound device on it and planning on removing the screws at the top so it will close the gap some time in the next few months. The arm, sternum, ribs, knee and shoulder fracture are doing pretty good. The heel ankle and thigh not so much but I can still hobble and limp around on my own with a cane. I've been adjusting, not to worry.

·
Registered
296 Posts
O man so glad your still with us!! Just brutal!! Fast recovery and I couldnt agree with you more about the powers of will!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Wow, you are a true survivalist. Props to Honda for engineering a safe vehicle, the front crumpled just like it should, leaving the cabin intact (most of it.) Cheers to a speedy recovery! Boo to those damn cell phone texter's while driving!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts