Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I'm not sure if this question was asked before, and I searched but couldnt find anything.. I was doing my research on the recent gun ban in Connecticut and I noticed on the ban list theyre missing a few rifles, but that doesnt mean that theyre not banned anyway. I'm looking at getting a semi auto assault rifle type weapon, but the ban list here in CT pretty much covers every rifle I looked at. The banlist is here.
http://www.ct.gov/despp/lib/despp/slfu/firearms/assault_weapons.pdf

Unless I'm missing it and havent found it, they are missing a bushmaster 300 AAC blackout rifle. If It is not listed, would I be able to purchase this firearm?
Bushmaster - 300 AAC Blackout Rifle I wanted this rifle for protection if SHTF as well as hunting.

If I cant get that one, is there any other semi auto rifle theyre missing?

I was also looking at the new M&P 15-22. If you're not familiar with this weapon, it's an ar-15 styled rifle chambered in .22LR which I heard this gun is ok to own in CT... only problem is, i heard .22LR is hard to find ( is this true??)
Product: Model M&P15-22 Rifle (Standard)

It does say on the CT rifle ban list that all M&P 15 rifles are banned, so I dont know if I can even get this.

Help??

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
No it's listed but not by caliber but style. Look like all AR rifles are illegal. Any rifle with a bayonet lug, flash suppressor, pistol grip, magazine forward of the trigger. .22 is very hard to find but it's coming back. Unless your will to move or kinda out of luck. It's only illegal if you get caught ;)

When I lived in the communist state of California I got into lever actions and shotguns because they avoided a lot of the bans and work just fine for self defense. I didn't see it on the list but are SKS's illegal? You can learn to load stripper clips really fast and can make an SKS a formidable weapon.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Move.... Problem solved. I am not hating here, but if it is really that important to you Find a place where you will not be a outlaw for owning what you should be consitiutionaly be able to. just my 2 cents.
Honestly, this. For now I would say stick with a pistol, and be lookin for a house outside of CN.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
I didn't see it on the list but are SKS's illegal? You can learn to load stripper clips really fast and can make an SKS a formidable weapon.
I was wondering the same thing about SKS's. it doesn't have " sks " listed but could " ak-47 type " be classified as so?

so even though the m&p ar-15 is .22LR It would still be illegal in ct to own??

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I was wondering the same thing about SKS's. it doesn't have " sks " listed but could " ak-47 type " be classified as so?

so even though the m&p ar-15 is .22LR It would still be illegal in ct to own??
The M&P 15-22 isw still an AR type.. They are going for style not caliber so it would still be illegal.. I would consider moving..

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Because grenade launchers are illegal, the Yugo SKS will be illegal and I suspect anything made by Norinco. Look for a Chinese type 56, same thing as a SKS and it should be legal because it has a fixed box magazine and no flash suppressor/grenade launcher.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
I hate the fixed magazine idea. Thats such a disadvantage. :| What states do you live in to legally own an ar-15 type rifle??
Pretty much every other state but California, New York, DC, and Connecticut. I live in New Mexico so we can own whatever we want. The boxed magazine isn't too bad if you learn to load stripper clips.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Pretty much every other state but California, New York, DC, and Connecticut. I live in New Mexico so we can own whatever we want. The boxed magazine isn't too bad if you learn to load stripper clips.
Maybe I'll move to Mass lol. It's only 45min to an hour from where I live. Gun laws arent the same there? I can own ak 47s and ar-15s to my hearts content? haha

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Based on Feinstein's list the Ruger Ranch rifle in it's original wood configuration was evidently OK. I had already made plans to buy one of the blacked out 30-30 lever action rifles, a couple of Mosin Nagant m44 carbines and a variety of shotguns. I think that the M1 garand was left off the list too. I'm sure your state looked up to Feinstein as the maternal paragon of gun control and fashioned their hair-brained scheme based on hers.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
You've got a point there. I hope somewhere down the road the ban will be lifted. Probably will never happen, and before we know it, the ban could be effect everywhere else.
Not if we have something to say about it! Some of these other states like New York and Colorado are fighting back with their vote and many laws have overturned. Don't just accept it, fight it!

1 - 20 of 62 Posts