Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well,
We are almost packed up and will be leaving next weekend if all goes like it should. We will be Heading to the Missouri Breaks of Montana from the Florida/Georgia border. I am a several generation Floridian and LOVE Florida but it has just become WAYYY too overcrowded for us. If the SHTF there would really be no place that would be safe I believe. There are just too many bigger cities and the country towns just are not far enough away from them IMO. So we have decided to move to Montana.. We have spent plenty of time there including some harsh winters and know what we are getting into. We will be living and managing a 60,000+ acre cow/calf operation. We will also be building our own 800 or so sq ft cabin and making it off grid. My friend that owns the ranch and myself are going to open up a survival school also. We will also offer camping vacation/hunting trips as well. Everything will be posted on our blog SurvivingTheBreaks.com (it's live but not finished)....The Missouri Breaks of Montana are about as desolate as you can get in the lower 48 states. Our blog will consist of our entire trip out where we will make it a 2-3 week trip and camp in several places in about every state we cross. We are also going to post videos of everything we encounter in Montana. Including the building of the cabin and our entire homesteading operation.
I was just offered my own radio show on BePreparedRadio also and will have an hour show 5 days a week with the weekend playing the (best of..)
I will post updates as we travel across country..

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
Good for you mate and if you bump into anybody like her with a spare room on her ranch, put me in touch and i'll go help her run the place, she can rope me, throw me and brand me any time she likes-

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks a lot!!
Things seem to be falling into place.. I am getting some sponsors for the blog and the radio show seems like it will do very well also. There are over 3 million listeners apparently.. If you knew me you would NEVER have guessed I would do something like this..The move Maybe, the radio and blog NEVVEERR!! I am though and looking forward to it.. Scary thing is I left a hundred thousand dollar a year job to make the transition so HOPEFULLY it will work out.. Funny thing is I have the sponsors getting set up but we are scraping the money together for gas and a trailer to move across country.. I ws making good money but lost almost everything when the market crashed so we are pretty much starting over.. So now is as good a time as any to make the transition..lol I look forward to you guys following along. We will be posting tons of stuff and I will make sure you get the info for the radio show when it is set up too...

·
Registered
938 Posts
Missouri Breaks - beautiful area, and huge bull elk! I would love to go hunting there some day - on the bucket list.

Best of luck on your new life adventure. I would like to follow your blog, so please keep us updated.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
038.JPG IMG_2669.JPG IMG_1279.JPG Here are a few pics.. The pic on the left is where we are getting married this Sept.. There is a spot where we were standing overlooking the creek where we are going to have the ceremony..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you!! It is beautiful.. It is hard to believe we will be living there full time now.. I haven't even posted any of the great pics yet.. She has them in a different folder and I have no idea which one. I will post more when she gets home..She is a semi pro photographer other that being a LEO.and has about 5,000-6,000 pics from when we were there in 2010 for the 6-7 months we were there. I just don't know where the hell she has them..lol..
Something else, for the people that follow the blog and stay with us we will be inviting people out on hunting and outdoor trips if anyone is interested. Our place is about 17 miles by 47 miles and that is not including the other private land and government BLM land we are surrounded by!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I know what you mean brother.. Montana sucks..lol Trust me, there are VERY FEW people that will actually move to Montana.. The land is the MOST BEAUTIFUL I have ever seen. But VERY FEW people actually have what it takes to live here!!!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts