Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Hello from Texas. I miss my days/opportunities of roaming around the Roppongi and Ginza districts, but I really miss my trips to Kamakura. I've never thought about an "Escape From Tokyo", but it's a daunting thought now that's come up!

·
Administrator
15,444 Posts
Welcome from Florida

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Welcome from Texas and from someone who lived there in the Kanto Plain for 12 years. Great to have you here with us and yeah I am kinda thinking no one there hardly preps at all. But you would think after the Fukashima incident that more would! I know I sure did when I was there with all of the earth quakes...you never know when the big one is coming! Stores there are small and run out real quick!!! Hope to see you around and see you often.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Japanese are really helpful and they have that community-spirit. I think when things start happening, we will have enough time to bug out because most of them would not panic going to airports to go out of the country nor to fight others to get something from the supermarket.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Welcome from Texas and from someone who lived there in the Kanto Plain for 12 years. Great to have you here with us and yeah I am kinda thinking no one there hardly preps at all. But you would think after the Fukashima incident that more would! I know I sure did when I was there with all of the earth quakes...you never know when the big one is coming! Stores there are small and run out real quick!!! Hope to see you around and see you often.
We're actually waiting for the big one in Tokyo. Just last December, we attended a conference, they said that the Kanto area (where Tokyo is) earthquakes occur every 70+ years, from the last one it's been 80+years already...which means the big one is way overdue. It can happen anytime. Schoolchildren always have their emergency drills here and individual earthquake packs are placed right on their chair's backrest.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.