159 Posts
Gerber Tactical 06 auto-open s30v

Click image to enlargen
Rectangle Knife Everyday carry Tool Blade

·
Registered
95 Posts
Too many knives to list.

My EDCs would include: SAK Camper, HAK Ti Custom Hybrid, Gerber or Leatherman Multitool, Microtech UT-6, occasionally a Chris Reeve Small Sebenza.

My Camping/SHTF knives: Cold Steel Kukri, Cold Steel SRK, Chris Reeve Project I, Chris Reeve Aviator, Bark River Glen Eagle axe & PSK knife.

My favorite knives: Microtech Halo III, Microtech Exodus, Microtech Ultratech UT-6, Chris Reeve Project I, Chris Reeve Small & Large Sebenzas, Gerber Applegate Fairbairn Combat Folder.

Tim

·
Registered
954 Posts
My EDC is a Buck folder. The rest are either baby KBars or custom made fixed blades.

·
Registered
45 Posts
a few of some what I carry day to day

GERBER V-30 AUTO KNIFE AND SHEATH

CRTT COPY OF RUSSEL STING 1A BOOT KNIFE

SPYDERCO POLICE MODEL COMBAT FOLDER

KERSHAW ONION KNIFE

SWISS TINKER KNIFE

GERBER MILITARY ISSUE MULTI TOOL AND CASE WITH LED MAG LITE

LEATHERMAN WAVE MULTITOL AND SHEATH

LEATHERMAN MICRA KEYCHAIN TOOL

KERSHAW SCALLION KNIFE

·
Registered
38 Posts
Zero Tolerance 0200! It is a bit on the hefty side, but it gets the job done. I also carry one of those new Buck Black Label fixed blades. I think mine is called "Pandemonium." Neat knife, neat price. I usually have a little Kabar folder in my back pocket as well, just in case.

·
Registered
237 Posts
EDC the Benchmade Onslaught folder.
Knives are sort of a thing with me...
I have owned most of the knives mentioned so far and have far too many at the moment.
IMO the Benchmade Onslaught has to be one of the most impressive knives I have ever seen. It goes everywhere with me and it gets used and abused and it still looks and feels brand new. The edge is superb and makes the hair on my arm run away in fear. Top quality materials, flawle design, great balance in the hand, just the right size. The locking mechanism is the best ive seen. Simple, snug, effective and easy to use (autolawks being the worst ive encountered recently). The pivot mechanism is SILKY smooth and retains the perfect tension like the day it came out of the box. The blade itself is 154CM stainless (sometimes called a super steel) with a handsome brushed matte finish. The scales are a high quality G10 micarta with a natural feeling satin texture. Solid belt clip that holds the knife in a tip down position that allows a quick natural deployment from a pocket(I have had cold steel clips break on several occasions) This knife is both form and function I cant think of a thing that could be done different. Yes I would marry this knife.
I was never a Benchmade fan until this knife now im sold. Not that they dont make fine knives... perhaps it was the butterfly they use for a logo (not macho enough lol)

When my girlfriend traveled across the USA by train alone I baught her a Coldsteel Recon tanto tactical folder. Gave her some basics on how to use it and told her to keep it out of sight.
Not a bad knife overall. I just lost my interest in Coldsteel (the macdonalds of knives) when they started churning out lots of cheap cookie cutter steel products and all their polymer gizmos and gadgets.
If you dont inspect their products before buying you often get lemons, breaking parts, steel burrs and overbites.
The recon wasnt bad... the only issue I had with it was the pivot was bloody stiff and doesnt allow much adjustment. My GF had a difficult time opening it... but she wanted a tanto point.

On a final note... a while back I was practicing tactical draw of my Benchmade wearing just my underware. t idea is to deploy the blade from the hip in one smooth quick motion keeping the knife held close to the body... I held it to close and da*n near eviscerated myself... I got a good scratch several inches across my lower abdomen. Good thing it wasnt much deeper. (now learn from my mistakes lol)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Just started carrying a Spyderco Endura that I purchased from the Spyderco Store on a Black Friday promotional deal. Already had a Delica from them and loved it, so decided to get the slightly larger Endura. I generally carry the Delica on the weak side as a backup to my EDC firearm, and carry another "working" knife clipped in my strongside front pocket. The Endura is my new strongside knife. I've carried a variety of knives since I was in grade school, which gives you an indication of how old I am! Back when I was a kid, nearly every boy carried a knife all the time, everywhere. They were considered everyday tools! Now, most schools won't even let kids carry plastic knives in their lunch boxes! So much for our "nanny state"!

·
Registered
206 Posts
My EDC is a little Case Stockman 63033 that was handed down to me by my Dad - he probably carried it for 25 years if I remember correctly because I bought it for him when I was either in college or in the service .... and I've carried it for at least ten so it has to be 35 years old or older. Best pocket knife I have ever owned. I can pull it out and shave with it right now if I had to - although the blade has been sharpened almost flat over the years.

I've got quite a few folders including a Griptilian 551BK-101 but I am always worried about losing the thing in the woods so it usually stays in my watch box.

I carry a 1968 Buck 101 on my belt, in a leather pouch, most of the time around the property and on the back forty and even hunting. IMHO it is still the standard among folders and it keeps and holds a razor sharp edge. It was my Grandfather's folder and I remember the day he bought it brand new from the Ace Hardware - he bought me a tube of BBs that day and I was in hog heaven.

I do not have what I would call "a lot of knives" but the ones I do have are good ones. My choppers are Swamp Rats and Randall's.

I'm big into hatchets and axes as well.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I change out my knives pretty regularly I just haven't found that perfect blade yet. For EDC I'm currently carrying a SOG Flash II which I like but hate the pocket clip which always seems to catch my flannel shirt and then the knife gets yanked out of my pocket (have to find a way to fix that). My previous EDC was a Kershaw Blur, which was a great knife but I wore out the blade assist, blade would only come out about 1/2 way so I switched to the SOG, the Blur was a better knife. For work since I'm restricted to a 2" blade I carry a Kershaw Scallion, it's a bit longer than I'm supposed to carry but 2" blades are pretty limited. For hunting I carry a Kershaw sheath with gut hook and an old Schrade LB7, lock blades don't come any better than the old LB7, unfortunately Schrade was never the same after the Imperial buyout. The Kershaw holds an edge pretty well, I've used it to split 3 whitetail rib cages in 1 season and was still sharp enough for skinning afterwards. Recently I've taken to carrying a Gerber Multi-tool on my belt also.

-Infidel

21 - 40 of 64 Posts