What is your edc knife?
Hiking/camping/backpacking knife?
Shtf knives/bob blades?
Favorite knife you own and why?
Let's talk about some blades people! :)

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Oooo.... here we go... Love this thread!

Not much of a collection, but getting there. The far left (white/black) I had to put in here because its one of the sharpest knives that I have. Its a regular kitchen ceramic knife (harbor freight $8) but like I said it cuts better than any knife that I have ever seen. The knife to the right of it is a benchmade 3550 knife that since its sooo expensive, I have it in my safe and I have never used it. The wooden looking knife is just that. My brother whittled it out of wood and made it, works with springs and everything. The knife to the right of it is a browning knife, just collecting it. Far right knife is my butterfly knife. Had to get one since I had one in high school and I can still flip that sucker around. The bottom knife is a kissing crane coal miner knife which is my EDC (as you can see its filthy from cutting oranges!). And of course I put in a ceramic knife sharpener. And my pride and joy is the Katana (had to caps the K) sword. My machettes and other knifes are in a different area of the home right now, so i'll get to those later.

Like I said, not much of a collector and I have zero clue about knives, but I think this thread has got me started on learning more about them.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice blades tho brother! I have that butterfly, along with some other higher priced onces, those are one of the best ways to pass some time by!
That ceramic knife really can hold an edge well but its brittle... Don't drop it!
If you wanna learn about knives I'm happy to share my knowledge and also if ya got some spare time check out nutnfancy and cutlerylover on YouTube, they are two of The more popular gear heads on there. I personally find them real entertaining.
Funny thing tho, I was actually considering a kissing crane knife off Amazon for like 15$
Oh and I love the handle on the Browning!

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Thanks! You are exactly right on that ceramic. I think the chips in it actually make the "grab" a little better also. I'm totally clueless about knives right now, but trying to learn more about them. I would actually like to get one of those foot powered turning stones so that I could sharpen or make them when shtf.

·
Registered
693 Posts
are butterfly's still illegal?

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Not in cali or any of the commie states. I'm not sure if they are here either

·
Registered
693 Posts
Cos I have one and I don't want to advertise it if it's illegal, owning an illegal weapon could be grounds for losing my right to own firearms

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Depending where you are you can legally own a butterfly knife, it just probably isn't legal to carry it is all.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
Hmm... interesting question acidlittle.... I never knew them to be illegal, they sell them all over kentucky. Its interesting to find out. I guess there will be a BATFKE now (knives)??? You think? What constitutes of an illegal knife?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just ordered Cold Steel Recon 1 clip point tactical folder today! I will post a review when i get it. ::clapping::

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Lemme know your intial impressions please!! That is the knife next in line for me to order, tanto tho, lol.
Cold Steel tri-ad locks are the sh*t!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Codyjosephh said:
What is your edc knife?
Hiking/camping/backpacking knife?
Shtf knives/bob blades?
Favorite knife you own and why?
Let's talk about some blades people! :)
My wave pocket knife is my favorite so far for daily carry.

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
Codyjosephh said:
I say if you let me carry around a gun, what does it matter what knife I have?
here if you get a permit its a weapons permit and you can have concealed ballistic knives, tazers, batons all sortsa stuff. Not just to conceal either you can open carry whatever with a permit. You could walk around with a katana if you wanted.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I love a good knife. Used to have a pretty good collection but they were lost in the move. It was the 90's though so there was a lot of Frost in there. I'm a newbie prepper so I never thought about survival situations, just how cool they looked. I was thinking of getting the ultimate edition Bear Grylls 'cause it comes with a fire starter. Anybody like the Winchester bowie?

My uncle used to say I was more dangerous with a knife than he was with his springfield 45 but he also used to say that MLK jr. was still alive and spying through his T.V. so he's not very credible.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Razor sharp Opinel #9 is always in my overall pocket. They only cost $12 made of good steel, can cut up steak, cut okra in the garden, and skin a deer or squirrel with the best of them,

·
Registered
2,074 Posts
I bought this knife earlier this year for 10 GB pounds (about 15 US dollars), it can't be much good at that low price but at least i can shake it at zombs to scare them off..

1 - 20 of 55 Posts