Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been looking for a light I can put on my keychain for a while now, and thanks to someone here, I checked out the Streamlight site. There, I found the Pocket Mate USB light. I searched their dealer base, and found a dealer in my town who carries Streamlight. Went in and was disappointed to find they didn't have the Pocket Mate, but they could order it. So I took a chance and ordered 2. To my surprise, the price was very reasonable ($23 each).

In less than a week, I got a call from the dealer saying they had arrived, so I went to pick them up. That night, I fired one up and my expectations were exceeded. These little things are frickin' bright. 325 lumens on high. Only two settings, bright and brighter, but the wide beam is more than enough to light your way in a campsite or a home. And USB rechargable- no batteries to replace. It's got a clip so you can clip it to the brim of a ball cap, or you can easily take it off the keychain using the carabiner. 2" long, 1/2 an ounce.

Drawback is that it doesn't last too long (I did not test run time, but Streamlight says .33 hour on high, and 1 hour on low). Beam distance is 76 meters.

Seems to be very well made, comes in 4 colors.

Made in China.

Joe Bob says check it out.

Product Camera Digital camera Camera accessory Font

·
Registered
249 Posts
Nice looking flashlight.but yet, they have two draw backs when it comes to me.
1st.they need recharging to often.
2nd.i prefer the clip on flashlight so I can clip it to my pants pocket.

The clip on pocket flashlight I have and use,uses 1AAA battery.and the battery last several days.and it has a adjustable beam.and it's bright for a little flashlight.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice looking flashlight.but yet, they have two draw backs when it comes to me.
1st.they need recharging to often.
2nd.i prefer the clip on flashlight so I can clip it to my pants pocket.

The clip on pocket flashlight I have and use,uses 1AAA battery.and the battery last several days.and it has a adjustable beam.and it's bright for a little flashlight.
Noted, but the title of the thread is 'keychain flashlights'. I wanted a flashlight that wouldn't be too heavy & ruin my ignition, that would be with my keys at all times.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Here's one that looks pretty interesting.id probably buy it myself,if I didn't already have the pocket flashlights that I already have.in which I have a few.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts