Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We live in a pretty much pest free world now. keeping nasty bugs out is not a big issue now days.
This time of year we get nailed with Boxedler bugs , they can not be counted.
If SHTF and no modern way to deal with them was available your food sources and living area could be over run.
So learning the old ways to deal with Bugs can pay off.
Boxelder bugs are hard to kill with insecticide sprays and it is costly. But there is a simple way to wipe them out.
Soap spray them down with soap they die almost the second it hits them .
That is what I did today Dawn dish soap . I did my part to wipe them off the face of the earth.
But they will return in about 14 days, I will be ready with more soap.

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Try Dr. Bronner's Pure-Castle Soap. You can find it in walmart. Don't mind all the biblical shit written on the bottle because the people that make it are big time bible bangers. They developed it for use in third world countries and it has a million uses but spraying for bugs and disinfecting at the same time, it does wonders. It's cheap and comes in a huge bottle, mix it 4 to 1 with water.

It also works great for tattoos!

we the people.jpg

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not a big ink fan but the message is good.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I just have cats. 2 indoor/outdoor cats. They hone in on a bug, and there is no escape for the bug. Spiders, bugs, lizards (unfortunately. They are good for the bugs in the garden), mice, snakes. Hoping the kitten gets to be a good gopher hunter. I keep the cats fed just enough to not starve, but keep em hunting. They are healthy to say the least. The 2 year old HAS to be about 15 pounds. No kidding. That's on 1 handful of kibble in the morning, and whatever she finds during her daily travels.

Haven't had a bug in the house in a while. If one gets in, it don't last long :D

·
Senior Member R.I.P.
2,886 Posts
Bugs are bad in the south even with insecticides available. And when there is no more gas to mow the lawn going to get even worse.
I think especially the red bugs & ticks.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Ammonia is great for killing bugs and as fertilizer. You can make it using urine easily so you don't have to run out and buy it.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Around here fire ants are a SERIOUS issue. If you take a big bag of table salt and leave a little trail the whole way around your house you'll never see another one inside. For whatever reason they won't cross the trail. I re-apply about every two or three years. Never seen one come inside anyplace I've done it yet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts