Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Ka-Bar 5 3/4" fixed blade with serrations, and I love the thing. Just wondering if anybody has any other Ka-Bar blades and love them as much as I do. Got mine for about $55.00, took it up a mountain and used it a ton! Has a great edge on it. And I highly recommend it to anybody thinking about a good fixed blade.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ka-bar is a brand, the style of blade he had is called a Kukri, Ka-bar makes em at about 60bucks a pop, but USA made and great quality!

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
My D2 Extreme I love this knife

·
Administrator
15,450 Posts
When I hear the name Ka-Bar just one thing comes to mind. The USMC Fighting Knife.
I had one in Vietnam (never had to use it for its intended purpose, thank God), and have two now. An original WWII in a Navy Mk2 scabbard, and a modern one with leather sheath.

Reactions: Arklatex

·
Registered
87 Posts
Kind of on topic here.

I bought a Ka-Bar when I graduated Boot Camp. I had it for a year or so and did NOT like it. It was honestly too big and it got caught on everything in the field. (grunt/0311).

I needed a good knife that was solid but not unwieldy. Dad had given me a USAF survival knife made by Ontario:

Ontario 499 Air Force Survival Knife from Ontario-Knife-Store.com

I did not have it with me but knew that it was what I needed so I picked one up at the field section of the NEX.

It's not as sexy as a lot of knifes and does not have the lore of a Ka-Bar. But I am here to tell you that you will be hard pressed to find another knife as well made and solid. Very easy to sharpen. Holds a good edge. Heavy. Very solid knife.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I know ka-bar is a good all around knife but does it also make a good hunting knife? I've never been hunting but want to learn how to gut and clean an animal or field dress one and wondering if it will suit this function.

·
Registered
11,822 Posts
I have the BK7 amoung others. Great Knife. It easily doubles as a bushcraft and fighting knife. Going to get a Kydex sheath for it tho. Don't like the one it came in.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts