Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can I see pics of just the bag...I tried searching, but you can't just put "bag" in the search engine. To many returns

·
Registered
921 Posts
No digital camera here, so no pictures. I prefer a bag that doesn't look "military". Something that blends in with the area, possibly a commercial backpack. No need to attract unecessay attention to yourself.

Reactions: wallyLOZ

·
Registered
365 Posts
Are you asking to see peoples bags? Your question looks like a mixed question/statement

·
Registered
938 Posts
Can I see pics of just the bag...I tried searching, but you can't just put "bag" in the search engine. To many returns
Not sure exactly which type of bag you are referring to. I have different bags for different purposes. I have EDC (every day carry); get home bag (GHB); BOB (bug out bag); INCH (I'm not coming home); SHTF (stuff hits the fan); GTW (go to war); Active Shooter bag; Ammo Mule bags; range bags; AHBLR (all hell breaking loose riot); and ME (medical emergency) bags.

What type of bag are you inquiring about? What do you plan to use it for? What type of bag (what purpose) do you want to see?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured we are in the bug out section, so that's what I was specifically referring to. However, you bring up a good point.

Maybe just the BOB, SHTF, and maybe range bags...or, whatever you want to show lol.

·
Registered
938 Posts
I figured we are in the bug out section, so that's what I was specifically referring to. However, you bring up a good point.

Maybe just the BOB, SHTF, and maybe range bags...or, whatever you want to show lol.
Who pays attention to forum parameters anyway (just kidding).

Okay, I will play along, but it will have to be tomorrow for pictures - gotta hit the hay soon, since pictures take time to shoot and upload.

·
Registered
2,797 Posts
RedHead® Spike Camp Frame Packs | Bass Pro Shops

This is the bag I am using. Its very large and will definitely hold more gear than you wanna hump I promise. Seems to be reasonably well made and very comfortable to use and has held up to a good bit of hard use I have put it through thus far. I am sure there are some better packs out there but for the dollar I think this one is a good value although its not the perfect bag. My only real complaint thus far is the fact that its pretty much one big compartment with a few small side compartments, but there are several ways to access the main compartment which is a nice feature.

Yes its camoed up but I drive a red neck caddilac (89 chevy P/U), Im from Texas on the out skirts of a major Texas City where hunting is very common and popular so its fits right in with the gray man look here. The Bone Collector and DU stickers on the back window of the cab add to that authinticity so it passes muster pretty well. YMMV...

·
Registered
365 Posts
Now thats cute and really cutting edge yzingerr. That would really go great with my Boots, where can I find one?

Okay I am finished clowning on you now. I couldnt resist! Good one!
I dont get your joke.... What is wrong with my bob?!

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
EDC:

Get Home / Short Term BOB (always in the vehicle):

BOBox (part of a longer term system, always in the back of the truck):

BOBoxOW (bug out box on wheels)(part of INCH system):

OK, the last two aren't really "bags", but what the heck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
I tried to get some photos of my bag, but she kept running away from my camera.

All seriousness aside, though, I use the Firefly Pack from True North Gear.

Firefly™ Pack | Packs | Fire Fighting Equipment | True North Gear

The main pack stays in my truck, and I use the frame and small pack at work for wildland fires. In the event I need to scoot, the frame goes with, and I attach the main pack for easier transport in the event I need to go on foot. A little expensive, but for my application, well worth it.

It's just my GHB, as Plan A is to shelter in place at home and be invisible. If that becomes untenable, we hook up the camper and head to our Plan B location.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I carry this with me everyday in my commuter car to Dallas. About a 25 mile drive from home for me. If I get stuck due "the big one" (in this case I believe solar flare...) then I'm gonna make sure I get back home where my suburban farm is. Ain't no buggin' out for me. I'm buggin' in and ridin' it out! :)

IMG_20121230_240627_230.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
938 Posts
Jamal:

I started a new thread and put pix of one of my BOBs in that thread - I could not get past the pink handbag Hello Kitty yanking your chain stuff.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts