Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

What will you be giving this year at Christmas as a prep minded gift to non preppers

• I wont give prep minded gifts

Votes: 22 56.4%
  • Food

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Water

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Weapons

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Tools or equipment

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Books or Other reading materials

Votes: 8 20.5%
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Most of my gift are for children or teens.

However, the adults pick names out of a cup. I usually buy my brothers some sort of blade, if that counts. We all collect blades

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I have a friend who watched the house while I was away. Wanted him to check on water in the basement in case of heavy rain. He said he wants to do beginner prepping after seeing my food stash, his wife won't have it. I've known this guy for 35 years, best friends, just can't get him to wear the pants. Just how good of friends are we, He's as liberal as they come, Obama does no wrong, me, I'm 180 from that. I won't throw that time as friends away just because he has his head up his....

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I listen to Dave Ramsey religiously everyday and a few years ago he was giving away his newest book...... but the trick was that you had to pay it forward to someone that could use the advise. Well I took that idea and ran with it, one year I gave everyonenon my list the Total Money Makeover book. Best idea ever....... I still get thank yous and it is nice to see you helped someone.

This year I have decided to give everyone a preparedness book, have decided on one yet, but that is my goal this year.

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
I can just see the look of excitement as she unwraps a case of bottled water and some MREs. Actually, I can see the look of excitement turn to a hard glare as she reaches for her .40 and lights my ass up. Ummm, no thanks.

She will be getting some nice jewelry. Please don't tell her it's a potential barter item. Shhhhh, that's our secret, OK? :p

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Family already thinks we are nuts. Kids get cash, grandson gets everything, liberal sister and brother in law get some cookies. Inor and I sometimes get a prep thingy together. However, after thinking about it, I might just get everyone the LDS book just to see their reaction.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Family already thinks we are nuts. Kids get cash, grandson gets everything, liberal sister and brother in law get some cookies. Inor and I sometimes get a prep thingy together. However, after thinking about it, I might just get everyone the LDS book just to see their reaction.
Another ignorant question for you..... I thought LDS stood for church of Latter Day Saints, that is obviously not what uou are saying because I have seen those initials on other threads. What is it?

Yes, please.laugh at me because I do believe I should know this already lol

·
Registered
1,750 Posts
Hubby, whether he knows/likes it or not, is getting me a gun. That's settled then. :D

My SIL just started prepping and I'm still working out what to get her. It's exciting having someone in the fam to drool over gear with! I was thinking since that whole side of the family is starting to think about prepping that I might get something along those lines for everyone. They're all so darned hard to buy for anyway.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Another ignorant question for you..... I thought LDS stood for church of Latter Day Saints, that is obviously not what uou are saying because I have seen those initials on other threads. What is it?

It does stand for Latter Day Saints. They have a booklet on a one year storage plan. If you gave one to every member of your family it might make them think you are not only a "crazy prepper" but that you are changing religions too! I know my family would go over backwards to "get me back on course again".

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
Families security is number 1 I will again this year be giving Firearms

·
Registered
7,970 Posts
Christmas is around the corner...... Curious to see how many folks are giving prep minded gifts this christmas..... to non prepper friends and family.
I also voted that way since that the closest i could get to not giving any gifts. I can explain myself but you probably don't want to read it.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Bout the same situation for me..Hehe

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

Yes - actually that is what she is saying. Part of the Mormon religion is that they should be prepared (basically preppers in our vocabulary). They have an awesome book that is basically a set of essays, check lists and reprints from a bunch of survivalist websites. They offer it for free in a PDF format or printed and bound for around $25. It is worth every cent to get the printed version.

Although we are not Mormon, we both have a TON of respect for them. Every Mormon we have met seems to be decent folk and they take the whole prepping and freedom thing very seriously. Do your own research, but I really like the Mormons (except Harry Reid of course - hopefully they will excommunicate his sorry ass).

Reactions: jimb1972
1 - 20 of 33 Posts