Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Damn, woke up running late for my twice weekly meeting with my boss and team members. My boss is about 12 years Navy experience, so I HATE BEING LATE.
Rumors had been flying, now seems solid that the company I work for is being sold? Damn, this will be the third "renaming" of this place. Granted, we are a very specific and valuable, but the company I currently work for is HUGE. No names, but like GE...I hope and pray my job is still here, but haven't ever had trouble holding a job.
Then seeing the woman get beat up in New Jersey...Sad, sickening, makes me wanna push my kids further, this weekend, there will be some training...
Now, about an hour ago, I regrettfully hear one of my cousins has passed, we weren't in contact, but now he's gone..
I guess my long rambling is about taking things for granted...I am so blessed to have my fiance, when I told her about the work thing finally being "concrete", she said what she always does " with us together, nothing can bring us down. I know you will do whatever it takes to make IT."
HUG your loved ones, tommorrow is not promised.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Not sure how to reply but I hope everything works out.

With about 25% of the American work force unemployed it is always un nerving when things change and as most people live paycheck to paycheck it makes it worse.

Good Luck

Reactions: Deebo

·
Registered
24,226 Posts
Someone sounds melancholy.

Don't sweat the job. It'll be there.

Don't sweat your cousin. You'll be there.

Otherwise, train, prepare and be armed.

You are doing good. Sleep well.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
True Denton. TRUE. Montana, Yeah, I freak out, becouse I have a lot of responsibiliies, but at the same time, deep down, I KNOW, that I do what it takes. I just needed to let it out. And, really, it was meant to just be a reminder that we "all gotta go sometime, just depends how you live till you go".

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Sounds like you have been through the ownership transition process before, so you know what to do about the things that are within your control. As for the things you can't control, pray, prepare, and persevere.

sorry to hear about your Cousin. It's always a slap in the face when you realize someone you were once closer with, but have drifted apart from, is gone. At a funural over the winter many of us vowed to make an effort to stay more closely connected. We are all getting to an age that folks in our lives are going to pass, and we don't want to let a funural be the only time we see each other.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts