Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am having the hardest time finding listings for property in which you do not have to pay for to view other than what is on Craigslist. My hubby and I are in search of a handful of acres (3-10) of undeveloped/timbered land to purchase in order to create our perfect BOL. This will ultimately become our permanent BIL as we are selling our current home. Our budget is limited so the cheaper the better. Owner financing is a plus as that would allow us a larger bottom line price with option to pay over a period of months...NO BROKERS or BANKS. No need for structures or electricity because those are problems we can solve eventually however the land itself is a must. The property simply needs to be decently remote (not near town/city life), have a water source on or near the land, and it must have trees on it. The trees do not need to be full grown, we just prefer some coverage/security versus flat, grassland however if the price is right the trees can be overlooked. Any state will be considered but we do have our choice regions...yet again though...price speaks louder. If ANYONE knows of a place such as this or atleast somewhere that I can check out listings from various states on properties such as this, PLEASE let me know either by responding here or shooting me a private message.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I used to search on realtor.com for land a few years ago. You can put in a price and city/state/zip and it will tell you what is listed in the MLS. I know all the various realtors around here (Remax, Century21 etc) local listings get routed into this website. Free website to use and you can setup a notification list where you put certain criteria (price, size, location etc) to your specs and it will email you when a listing comes out. You might want to check banks in your regions to put you on a list of upcoming foreclosures as well. I know the foreclosures in our area are listed on a bullentin board in the lobby of our local court house since its public records. Along with Craigslist, ebay has free classifieds for 60 miles (I think thats the limit) without listing fees so check around there. Our area puts out a book of homes provided by realtors that has all listings in the area as well. You could actually email some realtors in the area your interested in to send you a book, this doesn't mean you have to go with them though. I know flat land in our area is around 10k per 1 acre, which is extremly high for kentucky, but wooded undeveloped land is around 4-6 grand per acre. Other states I have heard is much cheaper. Good luck!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used to search on realtor.com for land a few years ago. You can put in a price and city/state/zip and it will tell you what is listed in the MLS. I know all the various realtors around here (Remax, Century21 etc) local listings get routed into this website. Free website to use and you can setup a notification list where you put certain criteria (price, size, location etc) to your specs and it will email you when a listing comes out. You might want to check banks in your regions to put you on a list of upcoming foreclosures as well. I know the foreclosures in our area are listed on a bullentin board in the lobby of our local court house since its public records. Along with Craigslist, ebay has free classifieds for 60 miles (I think thats the limit) without listing fees so check around there. Our area puts out a book of homes provided by realtors that has all listings in the area as well. You could actually email some realtors in the area your interested in to send you a book, this doesn't mean you have to go with them though. I know flat land in our area is around 10k per 1 acre, which is extremly high for kentucky, but wooded undeveloped land is around 4-6 grand per acre. Other states I have heard is much cheaper. Good luck!
Thanks, Survival! I will definantly be checking out those options. One of our choices of where we wouuld prefer to go is Kentucky....and we know flat land there is scarce. Seems like all the cheap land is old mined land in which you can not build on....does us no good at all lol. Hubby's ex boss man has a cabin up there in Beattyville that we stayed at for about a month during the earlier part of this year....but cant get that man to sell me that place for nothing lol. And he doesnt even use the place...ugh! Anyways...thanks for the suggestions you provided me with...i will no doubt be busy tonight lol. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
MY wife and are doing the same in Alaska. I have found some good parcels there, and the southern part has surprisingly mild temp. But we are used to 40 below zero. Research it and you might be surprised. SO many people think it is a frozen wasteland ALL OVER. It is not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts