Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone posted on my facebook wall that goverment is trying to pass a law or whatever it was so the president can have as many terms he wants to run for. that true? in my eyes that's how dictatorship get started. once again im sorry i can't post links of what i read just i use internet on my phone not sure if i can copy links on mobile.if anyone has a link feel free to post it .

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Its bill HR-15 that is soposed to repel the 22 amendment. is this even possible in USA?

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
A couple of years ago, some one in the democratic party floated the idea of Billie coming back for a third term. Suprising but a lot of folks thought it might be a good idea.

The question is not if it would pass congress, but would 2/3's of the states ratify it

·
Registered
5,423 Posts
Let's see. We have tried to repeal the 2nd, 4th, 1st, 5th and 14th amendments so far. Why the hell not?!

·
Mod Squad
2,260 Posts
They would need to get 3/4 of the states to ratify it. Not gonna happen.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Yes a 2/3 majority in the legislature and then 3/4 majority of the states. I figure it has as much chance of passing as there is that the sun won't rise tomorrow.
It could happen but it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of actually happening.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
When Obama was elected the first time, some Dem put forth a bill to eliminate the 22nd.
When he was elected the second time, the same Dem put forth the same bill.
Ain't gonna happen, at least by congressional bill.

·
Super Moderator
2,854 Posts
someone tries to do this every term regardless of the president in office.

2/3rd's of the states would ensure this would never happen.

IF, and it's a huge IF, there would not be a change in the presidential office, it would be due to a major catastrophe of some sort that would prevent an election or cause the declaration of martial law. unfortunately, most of the sheeple would allow it.

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
No, . . . that pile of stupidity will never become law in this country, . . . FDR took good care of that happening.

BUT, . . . there is nothing to preclude Mooshell from running for president, . . . and no law to stop Obummer from running as vice president.

You think things are dicey now, . . . put them two in that way, . . . I don't see how it is possible to ever be worse.

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I don't think Barry can be VP due to the succession rules. As VP he would always be one breath away from the Presidency.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just read on newspaper there could be riots leading to martial law if zimerman is found not guilty. do you think this is all staged?

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Advantageous perhaps but not staged. The government will take advantage of any situation that it finds convenient to further their reach and power. It is up to us to stop them with every vote, with every fight and with every protest we can join to remind them that we are not all sheeple. They respect power and as an infamous Chinese leader said, "all power comes at the end of a gun." We simply must keep our guns to ensure the other 9 rights protected under the constitution.

Reactions: longrider

·
8,987 Posts
But under Martial Law, the government can suspend any and all of the Constitution and it protection, including the 2nd amendment. Be ready to turn your firearms over when they come calling. It a real shame, I was taking my guns across the river by boat and it capsized. All my firearms went in the drink.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I don't think two thirds of the states would agree that the Kardashians are irrelevant. The military is made of our kids even the Syrian and Chinese militaries had elements that resisted or are resisting domestic oppression. I have more faith in our kids.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Regular occurrence.

- liberals used it to scare donors into donating after GW won term 2
- neo cons used it to scare cons after BJ won term 2
- everyone uses it to scare everyone about BO as he is in term 2.

Someone posted on my facebook wall that goverment is trying to pass a law or whatever it was so the president can have as many terms he wants to run for. that true? in my eyes that's how dictatorship get started. once again im sorry i can't post links of what i read just i use internet on my phone not sure if i can copy links on mobile.if anyone has a link feel free to post it .

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
But under Martial Law, the government can suspend any and all of the Constitution and it protection, including the 2nd amendment. Be ready to turn your firearms over when they come calling. It a real shame, I was taking my guns across the river by boat and it capsized. All my firearms went in the drink.
Ya know, I need to drag my dive bag outand do some maintenance so I can start salvage diving for firearms. Hell, I might even find the ones I lost over board up on Texoma.

·
8,987 Posts
I lost mine on the Mississippi when I took a houseboat for a 3 hour cruise, a couple of years ago. The wind picked up as a storm blew in. Gilligan, the first mate, tossed out the anchor but the boat was dragged down stream by the current and up onto the edge of the bar, until it tipped sideways so much, it almost capsized. All my firearms that were on the bow fell overboard along with all the ammo boxes. We spent the night on the beach, under a shelter made by the Skipper until a tug boat called the authorities who came out and rescued us. By the time they got to us the houseboat was upside down and had been blown onto the next beach. I'll send you the GPS coordinates if you want, but when I looked for them (I'm a diver too), I never found them. My guess is they slid along the bottom in the current and are probably down to St Louis by now. The actress I met on the cruise was cute but kind of dumb. The millionaire couple were ok, but wanted everybody to wait on them hand and foot.
So when did you loose your firearms?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts