Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I is it just me? it seamed like not long ago when i mentioned anything about putting food or supplies back people looked at me like I was nuts,,,, Now they listen and sometimes ask what they should start doing first.
that's a heck of a question derived at someone how's just getting started. Should there be a manual or something?
Like constructional? Or is the original one like "gold" to us? If you don't like to hear anything religious
just click the "X" and no hard feelings.
But for those that stayed to read what do you think we should do?
as Christens and must continue teaching of the word of god and protect the
ones we teach. How far can we take this without letting own revenge or sinister
side take affect? do we need a Christianity code? just stay with the bible?
isn't it true that they great warriors that where Christians?

Should we look for low cost food for the coming starving?
(I'm sorry but I'm keeping my $beef stew for my grans kids)

If anyone wouldn't mine few More questions I have a few
Crichton? = Christian ... Man I got to quit getting on line after I take my medication

·
Registered
143 Posts
I am assuming that your title should have been Christian Question.

So since you have me anyway and I am not Christian, it shouldn't matter. I am not against religion lkke some aethesists are. I was catholic for a very long time.

I think that if you believe in God and follow christiam beliefs that you should read the bible, live a good life and use the bible as your guidebook. The bible teaches morals and values better than anything else. The christian faith is based on Gods word, not mans, so constructing a man made code is not wise in my opinion because man inherently has flaws and will manipulate the bible to their own benefit and come up literal interpretations that can lead to some pretty evil crap.

Although I am not a believer, there is one common thread in the bible that should be taken away by everyone..... Do onto others as you would have done unto you. Stick with that and you are good to go.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Just contemplating the questions shows you have a good heart, techtony hit the target when said Do onto others as you would have done unto you..I am a believer and have made it out of some sticky situations by a higher power and have seen some things that make you wonder if there was a higher power how could it happen..but i have always come back to where there is evil ,there is good to fix it..and i want to be part of the good..just my 2 cents from a old soldier.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
There is a list of what to put into storage and it comes from long ago. If you follow the "Rule of Three" you won't go far wrong.
Without some kind of shelter you can die in 3 minutes from exposure. (breathable air, clothes, a building or fabricated shelter)
Without water you can die in 3 days (or at least be so dehydrated that you are unlikely to live without intervention)
Without food you can die in 3 weeks (or be so disables that you are likely to die without intervention)
and then you add cleanliness and a means to sustain it, medicinal support such as a medical kit, and a means to protect yourself and your supplies.
Knowledge rules and the ability to find uses for items that are available will go a long way to help you survive and the knowledge of edible and medicinal plants along with some basic woodland skills.
Learn how you can "do it yourself" for the things you might need under foreign conditions. Learn to can, smoke, dry and cook the foods you like so you can store up to a years worth. Learn to grow food and take care of animal food sources - this is harder in a city but you might be surprised to find out that you can grow a vegetable garden on the lanai of a third floor apartment. You can raise Guinea pigs for food in an apartment too and they are about the same nutritionally as chickens. You can use their bodily wastes to fertilize your garden. Get a grain mill and store wheat and lean to make bread, biscuits, cakes and such from scratch. Store dry beans and rice and learn to make appealing meals using them. Grow the spices you need in your garden along with some of your favorite veggies.

Learn all you can about the many different ways that you can become as "self sufficient" as you can under the circumstances you are in while working toward making your circumstances better.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts