Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
What comes down must go up.

Looks like investors are setting down and focus has shifted to earnings reports and away from Dr Faucci’s doom prediction.

BoF

·
Registered
16 Posts
Years ago when they announced Trump won the elections, I transferred all my 401K into two stocks. By the time he was sworn in, my money had made more than all of the last eight years combined. By April 15th it added again what I had started with so that now I had close to two and a half time what I had started with. By the time the first year was complete, what I had on the day Trump was sworn in had doubled. Over the next two years that amount had almost doubled again, which meant I now had close to six times what I had started with the day after election was held that year. October 2019 I needed to remove most of what I had to pay off a few thing, complete a few others and care for my wife during her final months of life (my early retirement). I pulled all but my beginning investment out and after Uncle Sam dug his greedy hands into my pocket, the amount I had left, I invested half in the hold in your hands type gold, silver and platinum. The rest did what I needed to do and all was well with me.

During the final year Trump was in office I made another jump in earnings and had added another 50% growth of what I had left in my account. When Lost Boy was announced as the winner, my earnings almost stopped growing, like dead grass in a dry field stopped growing. I am now seeing growth like the eight "It'll never happen again!" years of Obama. If everything last another 20 or 25 years at this rate, I may get my account back to the way it was just before I pulled everything out. Of course in 25 years, I may only have enough to buy a dozen eggs with what I have earned in that account.

When I turn 67 YO, I plan to pull the rest out and spend it on something useful. Maybe I'll be able to afford a box of matches and some bubble gum with the way inflation and the stock market are going these days.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts