Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,971 Posts
It's in the news just now that grocers don't want to "spook" consumers, so the increase in prices are just gradual. They say to expect a real jump in prices in the new year.
I don't know what you call gradual but beef, chicken and bacon costing 50 - 100% more than it did a year ago is not gradual in any way shape or form.

Maybe instead of reading the "news" one ought to get out and see what is really happening.

As far as gas it's 50 - 75% higher than a year ago.

Thank you all you rinos for not voting for President DJT

Reactions: Beechnut

·
Registered
964 Posts
I don't know what you call gradual but beef, chicken and bacon costing 50 - 100% more than it did a year ago is not gradual in any way shape or form.

Maybe instead of reading the "news" one ought to get out and see what is really happening.

Mind you, this is in Canada. Beef - as in prime rib steak - doubled up. It's now around $35.00/lb (Independent Grocer). The same store had T-Bone on sale last week ($10/lb) - I bought some for hubby. Our cattle industry has been taking a beating lately. But ground beef and other meat went up by two dollars or so. Some items though, like melatonin went up 3 bucks.
Except for beef steaks, I suppose items going up that much is still gradual to me. Lol, I'm expecting a real price-going-through-the-roof kind of event (like doubling prices).....which might happen next year.

·
Registered
35 Posts

Agree. God willing, Arizona will topple the dominoes and we will start to grab our country back. We have to survive all of this crap first though.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,950 Posts
So you admit to censoring posts?? I know you where just following orders.
I'm a moderator. It is my role to enforce the site rules.
Any time a moderator edits a post, the post gets the tag "edited by moderator". We cannot prevent this tag from appearing.
If you believe a post was censored, and this tag does not appear, it was not done by a moderator. The board has software that will auto-censor words that appear on the "banned words" list. We don't control this list directly.
If you believe a post was removed entirely, and you would like to know why, please PM anyone on the moderator team and we can investigate.

As I said, nothing gets removed unless it violates stated rules.
If rules are not violated, nothing gets removed.
I hope that clears it up.
;)

·
Registered
949 Posts
The prices for food have been skyrocketing and with many other things...
I don't think there will be a single SHTF event. My thought is that it will be more like a gradual thing where a large number of people don't even realize what's happening until it's too late. I also believe a lot of what we are seeing is planned. For that reason alone, I think it will be gradual. The leftists in power don't want a catastrophic event. They want as many sheep as possible to adapt until too late.

Reactions: Beechnut

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree with Pir8fan. This is all part of the plan. Tighten the labor market, put business owners out of business, put more people on the roles, cut off the supply chain, prevent landlords from collecting rent or evicting, on and on. It's the frog in the pot thing and I feel the water getting a bit warm. They know that most of us are too busy with our own lives to pay close enough attention. They just pass legislation with God knows what in it and then it becomes enforceable law. Bit by bit restrictions and regulations are making it harder for the average citizen to earn a living or keep what they have earned.

The S is H'ing T F as we speak. it's just happening incrementally.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I went to buy soda yesterday. The first thing I saw was a sale on soda... but wait not the normal 12 packs.. they were now selling 8 packs of canned soda..same price - - - shrink-flation

it will get tighter and tighter and I think we will see some form of event in the next 6 months.... Could be financial, could be shortages, cold be unrest and riots

·
Registered
137 Posts
Some of you could use a basic Logistics class. You are jumping at nothing and making up a huge G conspiracy, which isn’t factual. But I suppose this would go with your insatiable desire to justify your prepping…

21 - 30 of 30 Posts