Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
is that this overpopulation is not affecting much because so much demand for different foods is not enough.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Define “skyrocketing”.

No. no they haven’t .
Maybe I did not use the word well but what I want to imply that with the overpopulation many of the foods have increased their prices I live on the border of Mexico and the United States and I see that a lot in Mexico and the increase in population.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
What I mean by "SHTF situation" is the a collapse of the government, economy, Jobs, and so on
I don't think that will happen.
In my 73 years I have seen some turbulent times in our society, yet we are still here.

HOWEVER - if the Chinese, or Russians use cyber warfare to, say, collapse our electrical grid, then millions of Americans will die and things would be very bad indeed.

·
Registered
6,262 Posts
You won't find out about it here. Any info will be quickly deleted or blocked.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I think the powers that be, won't a allow it to "hit the fan", instead they are slowly spreading it around until it gets all over your shoes and you will eventually track it throughout your house until it is no longer livable !

·
Registered
6,052 Posts
...millions of Americans will die...

That depends on what individuals do to stave off lack of food and self defense. If you think about it, we are all doing that right now, just to a more 'civilized' structure.

For example, we lock our doors at night to keep robbers at bay. We use the refrigeration to protect food. We have medicines and bandages for safety on getting to a doctor.

Heck, I even lock all the doors on my truck when driving through an unknown section of town. All of these strategies might seem over-done, but when you need protection it should be utilized as a matter of safety.

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
9,950 Posts
Right now we are seeing a supply chain problem.
When you shut down the world for even a few weeks, you WILL get ripple effects.
When you futz around with the mechanics of an economy thinking you're going to "fix" things, you often make it worse, and every world government did that.

It could get worse before it gets better, but there isn't anything truly looming on the horizon other than a Chinese threat to Taiwan/Japan. If they make that move, it could hurt global tech markets, since Taiwan is a primary manufacturer of microchips.

·
Registered
7,202 Posts
I think

We are going to see inflation cause massive problems with the lower income bracket. Inflation is not at about 9-15% depending on the food product. Gas both natural and petrol are going up... this winter will be hard if it gets too cold

Plus there are going to be some food shortages which will drive up the prices.

I always wonder how far in the hole can we borrow before other countries say ENOUGH.

I have though for the longest time that we are just around the corner from a monetary collapse..but the ability of the government stooges to keep the balancing act going is far beyond my understanding

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
You won't find out about it here. Any info will be quickly deleted or blocked.
Nothing gets deleted that doesn't violate the stated rules.

·
Administrator
15,422 Posts
China senses weakness in the Biden administration.
They have wanted Taiwan for decades.
Since Taiwan is a US ally this could get us embroiled in a shooting war.

Reactions: Beechnut

·
Super Moderator
9,950 Posts
China senses weakness in the Biden administration.
They have wanted Taiwan for decades.
Since Taiwan is a US ally this could get us embroiled in a shooting war.
Assuming China moves on Taiwan, and succeeds, since they've already laid claim to Okinawa, it is a simple conclusion to believe they could easily island hop all the way up to Japan.
If they do that, we are treaty bound to protect Japan as part of the "U.S.-Japan Mutual Security Treaty".
So the question is, do we get involved early, or late?
One way or another, we get involved.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I don't think that will happen.
In my 73 years I have seen some turbulent times in our society, yet we are still here.

HOWEVER - if the Chinese, or Russians use cyber warfare to, say, collapse our electrical grid, then millions of Americans will die and things would be very bad indeed.
That is a scenario that could happen. Our electrical grid is not fortified in anyway and no backups. It would take many months to repair our electrical grid from a large scale attack against it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Right now we are seeing a supply chain problem.
When you shut down the world for even a few weeks, you WILL get ripple effects.
When you futz around with the mechanics of an economy thinking your going to "fix" things, you often make it worse, and every world government did that.

It could get worse before it gets better, but there isn't anything truly looming on the horizon other than a Chinese threat to Taiwan/Japan. If they make that move, it could hurt global tech markets, since Taiwan is a primary manufacturer of microchips.
The supply chain issue is growing. I posted a survey on this topic. I have been watching this develop for a while. Here is a good question, why are we (the US) stopping the shipping of goods to our ally Australia for a few months? On our side of things, we have truckers waiting hours and days to take shipping containers from the shipping sites where we are backed up. Why? This is not a good situation for us or the world. I believe the shipping issue and overall supply chain issue will start to resolve in 2022 however, the ripples will be felt for decades!

·
Registered
964 Posts
It's in the news just now that grocers don't want to "spook" consumers, so the increase in prices are just gradual. They say to expect a real jump in prices in the new year.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts