Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've owned and iPhone 6 plus for years, I use it for navigation at sea. (iNavX and SeaIQ, if that makes a difference.)

It's very successful in that role, and it occurs to me that there must be similar programs for land.

The iPhone 6 has its own GPS chip, so what I'm asking about is mapping and navigation programs you've used for hiking. The iPhone 6 will happily navigate by GPS without cell towers or support, so I'm primarily interested in programs that don't rely on a cell signal.

I'm also interested in Atlas type programs for highways, but my primary interest is hiking.

What have you used, where did you get maps, and how happy are you with it?

·
Registered
9,180 Posts

·
Registered
11,822 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,481 Posts
I've owned and iPhone 6 plus for years, I use it for navigation at sea. (iNavX and SeaIQ, if that makes a difference.)

It's very successful in that role, and it occurs to me that there must be similar programs for land.

The iPhone 6 has its own GPS chip, so what I'm asking about is mapping and navigation programs you've used for hiking. The iPhone 6 will happily navigate by GPS without cell towers or support, so I'm primarily interested in programs that don't rely on a cell signal.

I'm also interested in Atlas type programs for highways, but my primary interest is hiking.

What have you used, where did you get maps, and how happy are you with it?
Also own an iphone 6 plus. I didn't even think about an app other than the one that came with the phone. I'm gonna have to look into this.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts