Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure those of you who understand Austrian economics understand what is happening to the dollar and that have to prepare by stocking up on food, water, medical supplies guns and ammo but what about then it is all over? the Great Depression created more millionaires in american history than any other time because many people was what was coming and prepared for it. the Greater Depression is coming and soon learn to protect your money and even make some. as the Dollar loses value and the world turns to hard money you want to earn part of a company that mines money like gold, silver, copper, uranium and so forth. the problem is the only Austrian economics based brokerage firms requires 25,000 so start up. heres another way to get in on the market no that these stock prices have falled to 2008 levels and some at decade low prices right now!

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Zzzzzz

I lost interest after they video suggested keeping money in the stock market.

With the DOW at record highs I suggest being liquid and buying in after the crash.

That is after you have your 2 years of food, ammo etc.

Anyone having stocks, 401k, sep IRA etc at this point is a moron or not a real prepper.

Flame off you have been warned.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Zzzzzz

With the DOW at record highs I suggest being liquid and buying in after the crash.

Anyone having stocks, 401k, sep IRA etc at this point is a moron or not a real prepper.

so during hyperinflation it is better to be a millionaire in Germany or a trillionire in Zimbabwe? hey moron the dow may be at an all time high but the purchasing powers is at a record low. sure the nominal value is up but you buy less gold, silver, oil food or just about anything else. as always I'm sure you didn't even listen to the vid before saying it is flawed. the Great Depression created more millionaires in American history than any other point because many people saw it coming and prepared for it. the Greater Depression can create even more. sure you can stock pile 2 years of supplies, I am doing so but what if you have to bug out? did you forget about that? are you gonna have a cabin in the woods that also has 2 years of supplies? I see this thing lasting maybe up to a decade what will you do after 2 years huh? The place to invest is emerging markets, mining and energy. If the U.S. crashes the rest of the world will have more to consume and it will most likely be with "Real" or "hard money" precious metals have historically either kept up with inflation or out preformed inflation. I'm talking about buying a part of a company that pays dividends, has a higher dividend yield and senior companies that can most likely survive the market volatility. you will run out of supplies or forget to prep something or did you forget that? sure you can barter or learn a trade but a steady income stream can always help. its literally owning a gold mine, what do people use as money when a currency fails...Gold. so you would be paid in the next reserve currency backed up by gold. I an a prepper I have food, water, medical supplies, gear, I understand Austrian economics but most of all I have an open mind.

P.S.
moron I didn't say anything about a 401K or IRA like your bank account, S.S., unemployment, CD's and bonds they are denominated in Dollars.....you know the same currency that is being devalued? I'm talking about owning a part of a company in metals not only for there monetary value but technological applications as well. maybe you should listen to my advise before you say it is flawed. it seems the "preppers"
on this sight are the most close minded its almost unbelievable I always get the same few guy bashing advise I know they didn't listen to by the comments

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Stocks, even foreign stocks, are denominated in dollars (or some other fiat currency) too. Also, depending on the foreign country they are also subject to confiscation by whatever third world cesspool government happens to come to power - a la oil companies in Venezuela.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
correct they are demonimated in dollars because we have the reserve currency maybe someday it will be demonimated in Yaun same as gold or oil would be. the main thing is to own tangible assets true they can confiscate Stocks Gold or even food and suppies during a national emergency but that doesn't mean its not a good idea to prepare. also if they were to right out confiscate personal possessions it would be a red flag for the rest of the world NOT to invest in the U.S. our leaders would lead a poverty stricken wasteland not the kind of place they would want to live in they would be like the storywhere the prince who tries to win the pricess with the tin box. owning a part of a company that produces something the world needs and pays out dividends would produce a steady income stream that at least keeps up with inflation or if we go to a gold standard prices would drop very low but no one would have any money......exept for those who plan ahead. China is hoarding Gold, Silver, Copper, nickel rare earths and other base metals and are pushing hard for a commodity or even a "basket of goods" based currency. and they cannot confiscate without letting the world know its a dangerous place to invest your money. Besides the for sure thing is that our bank accounts are lossing value and will be worthless anyway its worth a try to build a future in the new America whatever it may be

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
These words just stood out at me, and I knew nothing else written mattered.

so during hyperinflation it is better to be a millionaire in Germany or a trillionire in Zimbabwe? hey moron the dow may be at an all time high but the purchasing powers is at a record low. sure the nominal value is up but you buy less gold, silver, oil food or just about anything else. as always I'm sure you didn't even listen to the vid before saying it is flawed. the Great Depression created more millionaires in American history than any other point because many people saw it coming and prepared for it. the Greater Depression can create even more. sure you can stock pile 2 years of supplies, I am doing so but what if you have to bug out? did you forget about that? are you gonna have a cabin in the woods that also has 2 years of supplies? I see this thing lasting maybe up to a decade what will you do after 2 years huh? The place to invest is emerging markets, mining and energy. If the U.S. crashes the rest of the world will have more to consume and it will most likely be with "Real" or "hard money" precious metals have historically either kept up with inflation or out preformed inflation. I'm talking about buying a part of a company that pays dividends, has a higher dividend yield and senior companies that can most likely survive the market volatility. you will run out of supplies or forget to prep something or did you forget that? sure you can barter or learn a trade but a steady income stream can always help. its literally owning a gold mine, what do people use as money when a currency fails...Gold. so you would be paid in the next reserve currency backed up by gold. I an a prepper I have food, water, medical supplies, gear, I understand Austrian economics but most of all I have an open mind.

P.S.
moron
I didn't say anything about a 401K or IRA like your bank account, S.S., unemployment, CD's and bonds they are denominated in Dollars.....you know the same currency that is being devalued? I'm talking about owning a part of a company in metals not only for there monetary value but technological applications as well. maybe you should listen to my advise before you say it is flawed. it seems the "preppers"
on this sight are the most close minded its almost unbelievable I always get the same few guy bashing advise I know they didn't listen to by the comments

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
did the exact same word in the comment that I responded to stand out as well? doesn't seem right to point fingers at only one of us. I used the exact same word I was called and defended my point from statments I did not say. I'm the sort that doesn't mind stooping down to other people levels. I only only mean as little or as much disrespect as the guys calling names out there. I mean no disrespect to you or the rest of you. I just will call it as I see it and call people by names which is usually much worse, If I get banned doing so, so be it. I'm just trying to help others who understand what is happening to the dollar. If the ostrich ingores the loin by sticking his head in the sand the outcome is the same. At least listen to what I have to say I'm trying to save as many of my fellow Americans as I can, we will need to rebuild our country and it will take planning ahead, we can't do it with barter items. just because I wont take someones crap doesn't mean I don't understand economics or how to hedge

·
Registered
1,368 Posts
Ron Paul's portfolio is the most ignorant collection of stock I have ever come across.

Regardless of what happens with the dollar there will be a demand for goods and services.

Ron Paul could never explain how to revert to his PMs backed currency.

Granted we are in a transition period for world currencies.

The biggest problem is not with the increased money supply but the lack of value individuals must put forth for the dollars. This is what hurts a currency because it sets a zero value bast for the currency.

Paul's problem is his profound ignorance regarding the function of money.

Regardless of who you believe or how you chose to invest do not follow Ron Paul's cult.

·
Registered
24,305 Posts
I'm with the Rancher. I didn't watch the video at all after reading the opening post. All I needed to see was the name of a brokerage firm to realize I needed no part in this.

As you should have learned in the last several months, not even your savings account is yours, as they can legally lose the fiat currency you think you own and they are not liable for the loss. That is to say, if it isn't in your hands, you have nothing.

I wish Ron and Peter all the luck in the world with regard to their investing. Matter of fact, I have some federal reserve notes in an account and enjoy trading as a pseudo-hobby, but I do not really expect to ever see them put to my use.

Good luck to all in their investing ambitions, but all had better take Montana Rancher's advice on preparation, too.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
The difference is you called a trusted and respected poster a moron while he said those believing in the fiat market (a generslity) morons. I don't agree with either of you but I am not about to start tossing out insults at you - I don't care about insults at general populations - take liberals for example.

I oft think the prepper community is too anti fiat / market. It can hyper inflate and guess what - it can deflate too. What will you do then if all your investments are hyperinflation protected? I've seen people say invest only in this or that. Well let's look at those things:

1) land - its only yours if you pay the taxes and those can change.
2) precious metals - they took gold once
3) guns - subject to regulations, taxes are possible, and confiscation unlikely but you know some want too.
4) stocks / bonds / money all subject to devaluation or deflationary pressures.

I don't dream of, want or even really think about being a "nomadic" prepper. That's my name for those who will carry their belongings on their back and live off the land or the failures of others. Unfortunately there are many who do and I think it's because when you put anything on that list it has risks!

P.S.
moron I didn't say anything about a 401K or IRA like your bank account, S.S., unemployment, CD's and bonds they are denominated in Dollars.....you know the same currency that is being devalued? I'm talking about owning a part of a company in metals not only for there monetary value but technological applications as well. maybe you should listen to my advise before you say it is flawed. it seems the "preppers"

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Ron Paul's portfolio is the most ignorant collection of stock I have ever come across.

Regardless of what happens with the dollar there will be a demand for goods and services.

Ron Paul could never explain how to revert to his PMs backed currency.

Granted we are in a transition period for world currencies.

The biggest problem is not with the increased money supply but the lack of value individuals must put forth for the dollars. This is what hurts a currency because it sets a zero value bast for the currency.

Paul's problem is his profound ignorance regarding the function of money.

Regardless of who you believe or how you chose to invest do not follow Ron Paul's cult.
yeah Paul's portfolio only made gains 11 out of 12 years. and with little research you would find he has a very simpy way to go back to precious metal backed currency, simply remove constraints on metals like taxing gains and having to pay income taxes with alternatives. the man called the dot.com bubble and the housing bubble. there is no way you can say he has a "profound ignorance regarding the function of money" with a straight face. The drive to want to be left alone if you have done nothing wrong is not a "cult" senselessly protecting a broken system that allows the government to grow and gain more and more power is a "cult". "The biggest problem is not with the increased money supply" how do you explain the 21 countries that have experienced hyperinflation in the lase 100 years alone? I can answer that "printing money" supply and demand its basic. the less there is the more its worth like gold compaired to iron or diamonds to rocks. If you flood the market with gold made in a lab the price would drop like what happended to Aluminum that was once a precious metal till we learned to extract it from ore. a silver quarter still buys the same amount of gas because it is made of silver and silver quarters are rare it takes 18 clad quarters to buy the same amount of gas. as for the demand for goods and services I agree but look into what people use to pay for things when it wasn't fiat currency

as for the rest of you if you listen to what I say I never once said don't prep. I say do this in addition seriously why are the people who are suppose to see the dangers and suppose to have a open mind to solve problems the most close minded. This happens all the time. no matter what the issue these tons of people bashing whatever it is they didn't listen to. honestly I dont give a rats ass if anyone saves there self. but at least I try my main consern is my family I prep, food, water, medical suppies, gear, guns ammo, physical, metals and because I believe any tragety would eventually end I put alittle money to try and improve my future. Austrians called the following crashes that is what got me interested in economics. I would prefer to help my fellow Americans but nothing really matter to me but my own blood. take my advise or don't same as when we talk about prepping to non preppers. look in the mirror guys

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
The difference is you called a trusted and respected poster a moron while he said those believing in the fiat market (a generslity) morons. I don't agree with either of you but I am not about to start tossing out insults at you - I don't care about insults at general populations - take liberals for example.

I oft think the prepper community is too anti fiat / market. It can hyper inflate and guess what - it can deflate too. What will you do then if all your investments are hyperinflation protected? I've seen people say invest only in this or that. Well let's look at those things:

1) land - its only yours if you pay the taxes and those can change.
2) precious metals - they took gold once
3) guns - subject to regulations, taxes are possible, and confiscation unlikely but you know some want too.
4) stocks / bonds / money all subject to devaluation or deflationary pressures.

I don't dream of, want or even really think about being a "nomadic" prepper. That's my name for those who will carry their belongings on their back and live off the land or the failures of others. Unfortunately there are many who do and I think it's because when you put anything on that list it has risks!
ok so the known and respected poster probly shouldn't call others names if he wants respect don't you think? 1 post or 1000 it makes no difference. I only show respect tho those who show me the same. He said anyone having stocks in that list and I was explaining how owning part of a company that will thrive will help, so obiously this means me, so he called me a moron. its plain as day, you don't even have to read between the lines for that one. Point taken but I know I have a valid point as well. and I don't mean any disrespect but I have to come out an say that if you want respect you give it.......period. I add a few post here and there if I lived on this site it woundn't make my poits any more or less valid. we are trying to work together to figure out problems yet only I get called out and reprimanded. that favoritism not respect

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Zzzzzz

how would you advise being liquid and buying after the crash when after the crash money is devalued? metals? food? gear? a company is something and if your part owner you still have something. my other choice is metals and base metals to be liquid but it might be harder to uses right away and if you wait too long foreigners who have the same or increased purhcasing powers will basically buy everything that isn't nailed down. If your gonna tell them what not to do, at least tell them what they need to do "to stay liquid" thats kinda vague.

P.S. to the rest of you who want and Austrian economic prespective AKA the same kind that has called all this and have questions just ask me. when someone better comes alone I'll step down. as you may remember I owned most of the econ. section on this forum for a reason.

·
Registered
2,207 Posts

P.S.
Ok Flame on you freeking bastard

The reason most people became wealthy in the last great depression is because they had money to invest in property and opportunity AFTER THE COLLAPSE , which OMG is exactly what I told you to do.

DO NOT INVEST IN THE STOCK MARKET, put your money in cash (or gold and silver) and wait for the "BUY" opportunity and you will become wealthy.

I feel like I am talking to children, anyone that thinks the stock market and all the investments will survive a collapse are morons, sorry I call them like I see them.

1. preps like water, food shelter, communications and security.
2. After you have that done invest in silver (screw gold it is overvalued compared to silver)
3. Shoot everyone that comes to your door saying you were wrong.

Sorry I'm from Montana where common sense is a life or death sentence.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
how would you advise being liquid and buying after the crash when after the crash money is devalued? metals? food? gear? a company is something and if your part owner you still have something. my other choice is metals and base metals to be liquid but it might be harder to uses right away and if you wait too long foreigners who have the same or increased purhcasing powers will basically buy everything that isn't nailed down. If your gonna tell them what not to do, at least tell them what they need to do "to stay liquid" thats kinda vague.

P.S. to the rest of you who want and Austrian economic prespective AKA the same kind that has called all this and have questions just ask me. when someone better comes alone I'll step down. as you may remember I owned most of the econ. section on this forum for a reason.
Just a bit of friendly advice - know your audience. If you have seen the pictures Montana Rancher posted on this site where he was installing his solar cells, you might have noticed the tractor. That tractor is probably worth almost as much as my house (and I live in a very nice house). You do not buy a tractor like that by being a "moron" about money.

P.S. Punctuation is your friend.

Reactions: PaulS

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
flame on? you coming on to me? WTF? you talk and sure act like a child and you must live on this site and I don't care, it doesn't validate anything to me. gold is what use to take over after a collapse till the dollar was the reserve, if the reserve fails what is the next logical choice? gold and the companies I recommeded procude gold. there is a difference between this and apple or google stock. I guess you mush know that if your smart because you have a tractor. flame your self you bastard your stupid catch phrase doesn't impress me or make you right. you still failed to explain to them exactly what to do to stay liquid and also during the depression they still had gold backed money remember not fiat currency. what the hell do you thing a metals producing income stream in addition to hoarded metals would not be an advantage? I'll get back with you tomorrow I work for a living I can't play online all night guys

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
Just a bit of friendly advice - know your audience. If you have seen the pictures Montana Rancher posted on this site where he was installing his solar cells, you might have noticed the tractor. That tractor is probably worth almost as much as my house (and I live in a very nice house). You do not buy a tractor like that by being a "moron" about money.

P.S. Punctuation is your friend.
haha, the truth about buying a John Deere tractor is it will be worth exactly what you paid for it when you sell it. For instance my first JD tractor was a 1965 3020 and I paid about 5k for the tractor which OMG was what it sold for new in 1965. (or really close)

The tractor in my solar panel pictures was prurchased used in 2000 for about $54,000 with the loader and I could sell it today for... OMG $54000

The cool part is when I run it for hire I make about $80 an hour custom cutting and that is an old figure based upon $140 a ton hay which is a low ball figure.

Disclaimer the CD player skips when I hit a bump so it may not be worth the cost.... Upside is the AC works flawlessly.

Just got done cutting 20 acres of hay today and bailing 15 acres, at 200 dollars a ton I am doing very well.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts