Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
357 Posts
Consider this tricky hypothetical scenario-
Suppose a new member joins our survival group who really knows his stuff and at first sight seems to be a very valuable asset, BUT is rude, arrogant and a pain in the ass, and gets on everybody's nerves with his negative vibes and causes a drop in group morale, should we put up with him or give him his marching orders?
The 'Survivors 1975' episode 'New Arrivals' explored the theme when an arrogant young agricultural college graduate called Mark joins a group and his rudeness causes group morale to plummet.
Group leader Greg tackles him about it in this clip, he doesn't actually kick him out but he gets the message he's not wanted, and voluntarily leaves later, probably to find another group he can bully-

·
Registered
195 Posts
Consider this tricky hypothetical scenario-
Suppose a new member joins our survival group who really knows his stuff and at first sight seems to be a very valuable asset, BUT is rude, arrogant and a pain in the ass, and gets on everybody's nerves with his negative vibes and causes a drop in group morale, should we put up with him or give him his marching orders?
The 'Survivors 1975' episode 'New Arrivals' explored the theme when an arrogant young agricultural college graduate called Mark joins a group and his rudeness causes group morale to plummet.
Group leader Greg tackles him about it in this clip, he doesn't actually kick him out but he gets the message he's not wanted, and voluntarily leaves later, probably to find another group he can bully-

Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Problems with society, watching too much TV/movies, relating too much of life and how life should be with TV/movies and believing what they see on TV/movies as real. Turned my TV off 18 years ago.
Personal opinion I think many people don't realize that "Youtube/Social Media Influencers" are portraying a personality, not a real person. So people try acting like their favorite influencer and do a lot of the same extreme behavior designed for attention-getting.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Personal opinion I think many people don't realize that "Youtube/Social Media Influencers" are portraying a personality, not a real person. So people try acting like their favorite influencer and do a lot of the same extreme behavior designed for attention-getting.
My apologies I forgot about them too, technology is passing me up at 40 yrs old. Yes you are right, we need some more taking the Tide Pod challenges or whatever social darwinism award they can win. what's newest one now tokkit challenge or some social media platform?
So connected in social media yet so disconnected in society, what a oxymoron for world has come. If SHTF they won't know how to invest in any relationship status for survival, might be typing in -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . . .-.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / - . -..- - .. -. --. / . .- -.-. .... / --- - .... . .-. / ... - .. .-.. .-..

·
Super Moderator
9,209 Posts
My apologies I forgot about them too, technology is passing me up at 40 yrs old. Yes you are right, we need some more taking the Tide Pod challenges or whatever social darwinism award they can win. what's newest one now tokkit challenge or some social media platform?
So connected in social media yet so disconnected in society, what a oxymoron for world has come. If SHTF they won't know how to invest in any relationship status for survival, might be typing in -- --- .-. ... . / -.-. --- -.. . / ... --- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . . .-.. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . / - . -..- - .. -. --. / . .- -.-. .... / --- - .... . .-. / ... - .. .-.. .-..
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-

·
Registered
Firearms & Self Defense.
4,374 Posts
.-- . .-.. .-.. / -.-- --- ..- / .--- ..- ... - / .-. . -- .. -. -.. . -.. / -- . / .. / -. . . -.. / - --- / -... ..- -.-- / .- / -.. . -.-. --- -.. . .-. .-.-.- / .-.. . .- .-. -. .. -. --. / -.-. --- -.. . / .-- .- ... / ... --- -- . - .... .. -. --. / .. / -. . ...- . .-. / --. --- - / .- .-. --- ..- -. -.. / - --- .-.-.-
Please forgive my ignorance, but what is the deal with the cryptograpics?

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
When one understands the difference between friends and acquaintances, he/she becomes able to balance the interaction at a level they are comfortable with. True friends are hard to find and keep with life changes. Acquaintances are a dime a dozen and never have your best interests as a priority.

Seems most of us here, are getting it right.

·
Registered
5,026 Posts
I love ya Hawg. How the hell are ya?
Been doing OK dodging the china bug and killing deer. 72 lbs of my own ground bambi with beef suet put up in the ice box yesterday. How's my good friend in Texas holding up?

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
THIS! Too many people think that what they see on the TV is life. It is not. It is not even a good facsimile of it. Anyone who is relying on that to prep, is going to be woefully unprepared.

·
Registered
11,808 Posts
Been doing OK dodging the china bug and killing deer. 72 lbs of my own ground bambi with beef suet put up in the ice box yesterday. How's my good friend in Texas holding up?
Doing well enough I suppose, thanks. Finally got some cooler weather here. I was tired of the heat. Looking to get past this year. 2020 has been a f---ed up crazy ass bad year for me.

·
Registered
21,104 Posts
...I get little time for socializing (even less when kids' hockey season starts)...

@ND_ponyexpress_

Son2 played Youth Hockey for 11 years (Mite through Midget) and 2 years USA Juniors (East Coast Juniors)

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go back and add up all the money and time you spent each season. It will piss you off!!!:vs_whistle:

Thankfully, USA Juniors was paid for by the team that selected him so no cost to Son2 or me, but dang hockey was expensive! Especially when the kid got strong enough to start breaking sticks with slapshots! (Midget age if memory serves)

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
I am the opposite of many of you evidently, but due to where I live and working 6 days a week, I get little time for socializing (even less when kids' hockey season starts). I have several friends through past jobs and fantasy football, 3 hunting buddies come up every pheasant opener. I have told them if the fubar is flyin they can bring their families here. we have enough rooms.

My brother is the loner... no wife/girlfriend, no friends (other than mine) a true introvert when it comes to other people. the nerd with the money. but he and I are exactly alike odly enough. just that nobody but he and I and my wife know it due to his social awkwardness.
@ND_ponyexpress_

Son2 played Youth Hockey for 11 years (Mite through Midget) and 2 years USA Juniors (East Coast Juniors)

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT go back and add up all the money and time you spent each season. It will piss you off!!!:vs_whistle:

Thankfully, USA Juniors was paid for by the team that selected him so no cost to Son2 or me, but dang hockey was expensive! Especially when the kid got strong enough to start breaking sticks with slapshots! (Midget age if memory serves)
Can't speak for hockey, but when two sons qualify in the invite only select soccer league at the highest level in Texas. Those 11 months and every weekend games making up a season get expensive. Did I mention our team was based in Dallas Texas and I drove an hour and 45 minutes each way for practice twice a week from northeast Texas?

2 Sons and 5 years apart... I lived soccer as my hobby for 15 years and never really cared for the game. I did learn to understand and respect that soccer players are some of the most elite athletes in the world.

Who knows how much money... gas, time, restaurants, hotels, fees, gear? I spent tens of thousands of dollars, likely not too far south of a 100 grand.

Did I mention I hate soccer? I haven't watched a game since the last one my youngest son played in.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
822 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Did I mention I hate soccer? I haven't watched a game since the last one my youngest son played in.
Does it remind you of all the daily morning PT runs, seeing them run back and forth the field the entire game? :vs_laugh:

21 - 40 of 52 Posts