Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New here and proud to be among you all. We are looking for physical community options that is more turn key such as Fortitude Ranch. Any knowledge you can share will be much appreciated. TIA!

·
Registered
26 Posts
I've been searching for a survival community for two years without success; Why?, like-minded folks want to remain unfindable if/when the SHTF. The whole objective of a private and isolated community is survival. To announce that there is a "bunch of preppers right over here" is dangerous to the mission of that community. BUT, if anyone knows of such a community in Florida, please post the name of that community.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've been searching for a survival community for two years without success; Why?, like-minded folks want to remain unfindable if/when the SHTF. The whole objective of a private and isolated community is survival. To announce that there is a "bunch of preppers right over here" is dangerous to the mission of that community. BUT, if anyone knows of such a community in Florida, please post the name of that community.
I totally agree. Makes it very frustrating doesn't it?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Finding a prepper community? I even had some cards made up and handed them to folks I met in casual conversations in gun stores and on prepper-looking trucks. Nothing gained so burned the cards. I do have a bugout site to use, but the owner thinks defense is his shotgun and a barbed wire fence.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Finding a prepper community? I even had some cards made up and handed them to folks I met in casual conversations in gun stores and on prepper-looking trucks. Nothing gained so burned the cards. I do have a bugout site to use, but the owner thinks defense is his shotgun and a barbed wire fence.
i do not believe in small group survival at all if one knows anything about physical security of building, property and life

·
Super Moderator
1-6 months, natural disasters or economic collapse
10,723 Posts
I adhere to the notion that these will only work if they spring up organically out of necessity. Until the need is real, it's all pretend with a faux government that becomes nothing more than busybodies because they have nothing to do.
Then it's all shipping container living quarters and peasants emptying the bucket toilets for the elites...

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
216 Posts
I adhere to the notion that these will only work if they spring up organically out of necessity. Until the need is real, it's all pretend with a faux government that becomes nothing more than busybodies because they have nothing to do.
Then it's all shipping container living quarters and peasants emptying the bucket toilets for the elites...
I somewhat agree with you, but that doesn't mean a basic plan shouldn't be understood.

Any knowledge you can share will be much appreciated. TIA!
Ironically, I wrote book on this Survival Methods of the Mole People which is more a bunker book, but I cover the concept of an off grid "gated housing community" with an under ground bunker network. Thing is, you can create a "community" by starting with friends and family...

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I adhere to the notion that these will only work if they spring up organically out of necessity. Until the need is real, it's all pretend with a faux government that becomes nothing more than busybodies because they have nothing to do. Then it's all shipping container living quarters and peasants emptying the bucket toilets for the elites...
I adhere to the notion that these will only work if they spring up organically out of necessity. Until the need is real, it's all pretend with a faux government that becomes nothing more than busybodies because they have nothing to do. Then it's all shipping container living quarters and peasants emptying the bucket toilets for the elites...
I somewhat agree with you, but that doesn't mean a basic plan shouldn't be understood. Ironically, I wrote book on this Survival Methods of the Mole People which is more a bunker book, but I cover the concept of an off grid "gated housing community" with an under ground bunker network. Thing is, you can create a "community" by starting with friends and family...

·
Administrator
15,633 Posts
Three years in the Army taught me not to fully trust anyone, except those I served in the combat zone with.
We all trusted one another with our lives, and were willing to die for one another. Quite literally, no BS.
Can a group of civilians say that? Honestly?

Although I am a member of VFW, American Legion, AMVETS, and Vietnam Veterans of America, and like being with my friends, I really only trust my life to those I served with.
Join a mutual assistance group? Nah, I'll pass.

Reactions: inceptor

·
Registered
26 Posts
I did 20 years in the Navy (aviation maintenance) and believe me, I received zero training for combat (bar fights aside) or survival; Therefore, my only choice is to join in with those like-minded folks I know that share my concerns and have the same goals. We all have skills of some sort (military, medical, butchering, farming etc.) that when combined create a group that is far more resilient and independent as a whole than going it alone. Do I "trust" them? No, but far more than any strangers I meet.

·
Super Moderator
9,975 Posts
I did 20 years in the Navy (aviation maintenance) and believe me, I received zero training for combat (bar fights aside) or survival; Therefore, my only choice is to join in with those like-minded folks I know that share my concerns and have the same goals. We all have skills of some sort (military, medical, butchering, farming etc.) that when combined create a group that is far more resilient and independent as a whole than going it alone. Do I "trust" them? No, but far more than any strangers I meet.
There is training available without joining a group. You just have to look for that training. For years, I tried to get together like-minded people and couldn't find any. Preppers tend to keep to themselves, at least the serious one's do. The others, I would have serious trust issues.

Now, don't get me wrong, communities will be needed. But I doubt you will find anyone serious enough about it until it's mostly the survivors left. Then it will be out of necessity that these communities will form. Trust will still need to be earned and not easily given.

·
Registered
Bugging IN
150 Posts
I'm currently reading 'Rural Home Defense: A cop's guide to protecting your rural home or property during riots, civil war, or SHTF' by Don Rich, author of 'Suburban Warfare: A cop's guide to surviving a civil war, SHTF, or modern urban combat'.

They both give interesting scenarios and considerations we haven't thought about.

·
Registered
216 Posts
There is training available without joining a group. You just have to look for that training. For years, I tried to get together like-minded people and couldn't find any. Preppers tend to keep to themselves, at least the serious one's do. The others, I would have serious trust issues.

Now, don't get me wrong, communities will be needed. But I doubt you will find anyone serious enough about it until it's mostly the survivors left. Then it will be out of necessity that these communities will form. Trust will still need to be earned and not easily given.
I used to offer training and that was a basically similar to the Armies Basic Training style training. There are "adventure schools" that offer weekend courses, often taught by veterans with combat experience, Ranger and SF tabs. There was a school in Florida that did a Navy SEAL course for civilians takes about a week (5 days) though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts