Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Ending term limits won't happen. We need to keep an eye on minimizing the damage he can do as a lame duck and selecting a better replacement.

·
Banned
1,711 Posts
Don't forget that the idea of repealing the XXII amendment to the Constitution was floated about three years ago. They were talking about letting Slick Willie run for a third term. Don't think the bunch wouldn't do it if they thought they could get away with it. Just wait until they talk about the Enabling Acts and see where we go

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Since when has the constitution or congress been a mitigating factor in the decision making of this administration? Is it far fetched, sure it is. But with this administration and democrat controlled senate, I don't think there is a bottom to how low they might be willing to go. Further more I don't think there are enough voters that care either, I mean the majority thought Obama was doing a good enough job to rate a second term. What does that say about the American people?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
This comes up every time someone wins a second term. With obummers approval rating at sub 40 I wouldn't be concerned.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
With the huge number of low information voters in America, it wouldn't surprise me in the least. With George Bush there were more than a few times I would have liked to have wrapped my hands around his scrawny little neck and wrung it till the cows came home. After 4 years of Jimmy Carter malaze, I thought there could never be a possibility of electing someone that incompititent agian. I was WRONG!!! Not only was I WRONG, WE DID IT TWICE!!!

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Since when has the constitution or congress been a mitigating factor in the decision making of this administration? Is it far fetched, sure it is. But with this administration and democrat controlled senate, I don't think there is a bottom to how low they might be willing to go. Further more I don't think there are enough voters that care either, I mean the majority thought Obama was doing a good enough job to rate a second term. What does that say about the American people?
I don't think that many people thought Obama was good enough. They simply realized Romney would be worse.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't think that many people thought Obama was good enough. They simply realized Romney would be worse.
I think there is a branch of conservatives (that I've decided to be part of by the way) that is so sick of the Republican party running democrat-lites that we'd rather take our medicine quickly than just sip on it and deal with the nasty taste for a longer period of time...

I argue that there are non-voters who are more informed than the average R/D voter...

·
Registered
921 Posts
Constitutionally the amendment will never be overturned, since I doubt the states would ever vote for it.
That being said; is it possible we could have some false flag event shortly before the 2016 elections which the government could use to declare martial law and "postpone" the elections?
Does anyone believe it couldn't happen?

·
Registered
965 Posts
If Obama decided he wants to be Emperor for life what would he have to do? Repeal a constitutional amendment. Could that happen? I really don't know. Are there enough people who would vote in a Demoncrat majority in 2014 on a national and state level? I don't know. Is organizing for Amerika that powerful? I don't know.
What other way could he do it?
Well, he could pack a DC appeals court, then make a challenge to the constitutionality of the 22nd amendment, and when his stacked court calls the 22nd unconstitutional, and if it goes to the Supreme Court John Roberts can cast the deciding vote.
That's if those legal slicksters even do it in time for SCOTUS to review it. It would be up to a stacked DC court on whether or not to place a hold on their decision till SCOTUS could review it. So it is completely possible for a stacked DC court to "fundamentally change" our country.
I think it is completely reasonable to believe Obama could win another term.

·
Super Moderator
9,641 Posts
A coup would be all it would take. He is already stacking the military. Do you think the majority would say anything more than oh well?

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yeah I don't know about any of that... sure getting rid of generals helps him out, but that doesn't change the fact that rank and file military are largely conservative...

It's all conjecture at this point. I haven't listened to much talk radio recently as I've been doing the 9-5 thing, but I remember Glenn Beck had an interesting point recently:

With progressives, you can't look at where the target is now. You've gotta anticipate where it's going. Much of what they propose on its face isn't so bad, but when you consider the larger pattern, it's much worse.

I really don't know if this is going anywhere, but like I said, it's important to keep your eye on such things...

·
Registered
100 Posts
The strongest argument for term limits is the situation we now have in Congress. Professional politicians for the most part haven't helped. Both the Democrats and the Republicans have lost sight of how to get the business of the Country done for the people.

I strongly favor term limits for the Presidency and would like to see term limits begun for Congress.

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I would rather see Libertarians in office. We can vote out the dems and reps and keep putting more of the same in place but we are going to keep getting the same thing we have now. The only way out is the Libertarian way - bck to the constitutional restrictions on the federal government.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Yah don't think it will happen ...People see Obama as the failure he is..and his creditability will only get worse from this point on..Just my humble opinion..I did vote for Romney due to the fact i knew what kind of liar Obama was. He was worst then average politician.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts