Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was out in the woods this week searching for good hunting and bug out locations. I happen to stumble onto an old abandon mine shaft very well concealed and hard to spot unless one spent a decent amount of time in the area... I went into the little shaft thinking if I could keep items dry in there that it might be a good stash location for emergency supplies (Pistol, some rounds Bow Arrow Clothing couple grand in money if it still holds value in a time where I will need to get to this location and many other items.)

I went to the back and found over 30 5 gallon buckets. I know that they had recently been placed there as they were brand new Home Depot Buckets.
I immediately realized what this was and went to leave and stopped. I looked back digging into my pocket I pulled out a pocket note book.

To whom this cave belongs I (My Name) have found that it seems to be well thought out and stashed. I would like you to know I have taken nothing and will tell no one of this encounter.

I then left my phone number to be contacted...

I dont know if I ever will but it would be nice to know who it was and if I could possibly get a community started in my area as for a while there I was thinking I was alone in this.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Good for you! I like honorable people.

We have some caves on our property, and there are mines within a few miles but non on our land. The closest we found was one on BLM land. I would never put stuff in such a place (just me). I am all for burying stuff I might need in the proper place. I guess I assume people will look in a cave / tunnel. And my luck is they won't be like you. Hope they call and you can make a good friend.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope I can make a friend out of this as well. As for the burying things goes, I have come to find many people buy large PVC piping and seal one end completely then they have a twist on top with cover for the other end. They bury it right in the yard and then they spread metal scraps all around it as to deter anyone seeking things with a detector

Now GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar is another matter as it can see the large dense object in the ground surpassing the metal but its a risk one takes I guess....

Anyway best of luck to you and yours...

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Yes I don't worry about people taking to finding my burried goods - I bury in very remote locations and can't imagine anyone bothering to bring radar to such a spot. I have passed out some metal in the area to throw anyone with a detector off. I've yet to burry in my current back yard....there I would imagine its possible someone would dig things up. My city is very annoying that way.

I hope I can make a friend out of this as well. As for the burying things goes, I have come to find many people buy large PVC piping and seal one end completely then they have a twist on top with cover for the other end. They bury it right in the yard and then they spread metal scraps all around it as to deter anyone seeking things with a detector

Now GPR (Ground Penetrating Radar is another matter as it can see the large dense object in the ground surpassing the metal but its a risk one takes I guess....

Anyway best of luck to you and yours...

·
Registered
302 Posts
Wow! I would have probably freaked out and hauled freight out of there hoping they didn't stumble upon me in the process. People get a little heated over things like that. I hope they call you and yall can become friends, that would be a great ending.

Here lately it seems I'm thinking overtime about BOL's, and have found several in my area I think would be great to use. Of course defending them would take a village in two areas. I suppose by the time I end up gathering our friends and family up if we have to BO, we'd have enough.

I also have a cave that could be used, and also one area that very few people know exist up in the mountains....

·
Registered
2,207 Posts
It was good of you to respect another mans shaft and not gaze for long.
:lol:
I agree

But also despair for the number of people that would and looted or vandalized that find rather than respected another's property.

Do unto others as younwouldnhave them do unto you is a forgotten tenet.

Reactions: shotlady

·
Registered
921 Posts
QUOTE To whom this cave belongs I (My Name) have found that it seems to be well thought out and stashed. I would like you to know I have taken nothing and will tell no one of this encounter. QUOTE

I would be leery about giving my name and phone number. Maybe if I had a disposable cell phone.
Unfortunately, you don't know who put it there or even what was actually in the buckets.
Am I paranoid? Maybe, but the world is a crazy place lately.

Reactions: shotlady
1 - 11 of 11 Posts