Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have the numbers to call or websites to check and see what/if any differences in healthcare insurance?
Also, i have work insurance, what is the law? If is stop my work insurance, and dont start another policy, what are the actual consequences? Fines? imprisonement?

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
First year no insurance fine is only 95 dollars then it goes up to 2500 or 2.5% of income.
Still cheap if you get real sick just sign up they can not refuse you. That was put int for that reason so people would do just that.
Speeding up the destruction of the healthcare system.

·
Registered
4,692 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you, Smitty901.
I just stay confused about insurance.
I cant understand all the rhetoric, I have what I thought was decent insurance, I only go to the Dr when I really have to.
I am struggling with a hospital right now, I have a lapband. It needs "adjusted" every two months or so.
My insurance isn't paying their share, something about non contracted gap benefits coverage..I cant wrap my head around this part thou, " if I pay cash. and adjsutment is $200. If I file it on my insurance, I pay a $25 copay, then get billed for almost $1000, per visit" Now I owe from a January visit. Mind you, they quickly take my blood pressure, then the doctor "under floro"(meaning an Xray table where she can actually see the needle go into "the port"), put in .5CC of saline, then Im done. $1000. 10 minutes.
Worse part is, when I had the surgery, I had an Angel who worked at the hospital to get down and dirty, and fight with the insurance company tooth and nail. I have left three messages with th e"new guy" and the SOB hasn't returned a call yet.
Oh, also just printed my insurance premiums, looks like 1600 per year pretax. Is that decent?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
Deebo, $1600 a year is cheap! I don't know how big your company is to have pull as a customer, but if it is a large company with a lot of employees you can go to your HR department with your bills and explanation of benefits and they may be able to help.

When you, as an individual, talk to your insurance company you don't have much pull. If you HR dept calls representing a customer with a few hundred policies they have more pull.

·
Registered
303 Posts
As I understand it if your employer offers insurance you have to take it unless you can find a better plan in the exchanges. If your employer offers a plan you will not qualify for any tax deductions to lower your cost through the exchange. Fines if you don't comply. This will haunt a lot of people if you ask me. The young and healthy are going to be expected to pay higher premiums so the older and those with pre-exisitng conditions can get coverage. Stay tuned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts