Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well then, he needs to learn the US Army breakfast staple - SOS. Served each and every morning.
(Did I just hear OldSFGuy gag & retch?)
And this is real stick to your ribs good, not the sissy Navy stuff they call "creamed chipped beef." Ain't no sissy stuff in MY Army.

All you need is ground beef, flour, water, and sliced bread.

1. Brown a pound or so ground beef. The cheap stuff, not ground chuck or something like that.
2.DO NOT drain grease - it is an essential part.
3. Make a roux of white flour and water.
4. While beef/grease is still hot, whisk in roux until you've got a substance that resembles concrete.
5. Add water while still stirring until you reach the desired consistancy. Put in a bunch of salt and black pepper.
6. Toast your bread, pour the beef/gravy mixture over it.
7. Add hotsauce to taste. Hotsauce is a mess hall staple, mainly used to disguise flavor. I still use hotsauce today on dang near everything I eat.

And there you have it.
My Dad did 21 yrs in the Navy,he had at least 20 acronyms for SOS,lol.No,he didn't like it.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Toffee??!! I want some!! I can just suck on it if it's too hard.
Shut up OSFG.
OMG, it is sooo difficult not to take this thread elsewhere with that one!
I don't want to get banned.

I really want to put that post as a quote in my signature, but that wouldn't be very nice, and I'm actually a very nice guy.

AJ

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #45

I really want to put that post as a quote in my signature, but that wouldn't be very nice, and I'm actually a very nice guy.

AJ
MrsInor is watching.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts

AJ
I've met AJ and I concur, he is a nice guy. Do not ban him.

On a side note: I want all of the mods to take notice that I did not even touch BagLady's open invitation. Just sayin'... :D

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Well then, he needs to learn the US Army breakfast staple - SOS. Served each and every morning.
(Did I just hear OldSFGuy gag & retch?)
And this is real stick to your ribs good, not the sissy Navy stuff they call "creamed chipped beef." Ain't no sissy stuff in MY Army.

All you need is ground beef, flour, water, and sliced bread.

1. Brown a pound or so ground beef. The cheap stuff, not ground chuck or something like that.
2.DO NOT drain grease - it is an essential part.
3. Make a roux of white flour and water.
4. While beef/grease is still hot, whisk in roux until you've got a substance that resembles concrete.
5. Add water while still stirring until you reach the desired consistancy. Put in a bunch of salt and black pepper.
6. Toast your bread, pour the beef/gravy mixture over it.
7. Add hotsauce to taste. Hotsauce is a mess hall staple, mainly used to disguise flavor. I still use hotsauce today on dang near everything I eat.

And there you have it.
Hell no I didn't retch..

·
Registered
3,517 Posts

AJ
I must have missed something.....

·
Banned
2,112 Posts

AJ
I can't believe I missed it. Probably a good thing I did...

Reactions: Inor

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Has your husband humped a 125 lb ruck sack up a 7,000 foot mountain in order to set up an over watch and then call in 3 J-dams on20 Taliban who have been shooting anti aircraft guns at american planes?...damn the things women find attractive these days..I'm just in the wrong business...baking cookies would have been a hell of a lot easier to learn.

Damn I miss those ranger-ettes.
Nope. But, He has held my hair while I was puking..(when I had long hair). He has picked me up and taken me to the bathroom..and wiped me..when I hurt my back. He has gone to work with a broken hand, and then a broken foot. Pretty damn good for a carpenter/painter up and down ladders. Need I say more? I got a keeper!
But, if you want to bake some cookies and send me some, I'll stroke...your ego...:playful:

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
By God Bags if he's man enough for you...he has my respect...I was just being funny/stupid earlier...no offense..a man who takes care of his lady is a real man. I was just never taught how to be a good husband...bad examples and all...so I actually envy those men who do it naturally.

edit: that sounds like I'm blaming my dad. I'm not...I was too stupid to learn then and not quick enough now...my fault...not his.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
By God Bags if he's man enough for you...he has my respect...I was just being funny/stupid earlier...no offense..a man who takes care of his lady is a real man. I was just never taught how to be a good husband...bad examples and all...so I actually envy those men who do it naturally.

edit: that sounds like I'm blaming my dad. I'm not...I was too stupid to learn then and not quick enough now...my fault...not his.
You've never offended me! You make me laugh my ass off!! He doesnt do that..he's kind of corny. Lovable, but, corny.
I spent 20 yrs in construction myself. The soft edges wore off a long time ago.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Hmmmm.

SOS. Top and an old Army Mess Sergeant taught me how to make it. I only make it at work on days we have some staffing.

My son is Gluten and Dairy intolerant. My wife is Gluten intolerant.

I have made it using rice flour for the roux but using Mocha Mix in lieu of milk was not so tasty and almond milk (even the unflavored) still has a taste to it. My son didn't complain. He ate a loaf of gluten free bread and enough SOS to stop up a Platoon. Of elephants.

Dad always put sunny side up eggs on ours. So did the Mess Sergeant at the Rod and Gun Club at Fort Hood. He went up and down in rank so much my Dad nicknamed him See Saw. When Top retired and went to work for DOD, I graduated High School from Copperas Cove. My last year there, went deer hunting on base, and Ole' See Saw made it back to E7. He was retiring later that year. Gave me a talk, Ole See Saw. Remember what Top taught you, Son. Remember, you lead from the front, Boy, not the rear like most of the MoFo's (pointing at some Brass over in the corner). He'd seen me grow up from a 4"5' boy of 13 to the 6"1' middle linebacker. He hugged me, crying no less, then went back to the kitchen.

I never knew if Sarge had a family or kids. He treated me like his own, so I felt blessed. Also very blessed that he taught me to use some COFFEE instead of just WATER when you make the gravy. And to leave the meat IN the pot when you make the ROUX. And to sauté onions and some garlic in the pot before you start browning the ground beef.

·
Registered
2,478 Posts
295? 295? Not that it's related or anything but you have any cats?
I'm just saying,,,

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I've met AJ and I concur, he is a nice guy. Do not ban him.

On a side note: I want all of the mods to take notice that I did not even touch BagLady's open invitation. Just sayin'... :D
Its only one mod you need to be worried about, he is a jack booted thug to what I'm told :p

But I hope Mrs inor had a fire truck on stand by for your kitchen efforts and all... Just to be safe (speaking if experience, there is a reason im a fire fighter, its so when I cook I know what to do when it goes wrong Lol)

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
COME ON!,Man up you guys!.you like to cook!...admit it!...at least admit you burn stuff on the BBQ!.

I must confess....I love to cook.with more than four ingredients most of the time even.I even bake stuff sometimes.

Cooking is actually a good stress reliever,you have to remain cognisant of what your cooking at the time.no time to worry about other crap.

Good for you Inor,keep at it.at least when the wife bans you from the house,you can cook something!:highly_amused:

41 - 60 of 72 Posts