Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

21 - 40 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Next up? Beer Can Chicken!
You damn right! I was planning to do it Saturday, but we stopped and had such a big lunch, supper ended up being light. But being home for 3 weeks now, I have plenty of time to give it a shot.

Reactions: Slippy

·
Super Moderator
3,230 Posts
If you wife or spouse or .... likes fudge you can make it with just a few ingredients. It is very, very easy and doesn't require a candy thermometer. You willl need one can of condensed milk, one bag of chocolate chips, a pinch of salt and some vanilla flavoring. Line an 8 or 9 inch pan with foil or waxed paper. Put the chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl and put in microwave for 30 seconds, stir and repeat until chocolate is melted. Add can of condensed milk (contents only not the can) to the chocolate, stir and quickly add one pinch of salt and a teaspoon of vanilla, stir and put into lined pan. Smooth and put into the fridge for at least an hour. You can add nuts or smashed up peppermint sticks if you want to.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Inor is doing something in my kitchen. So who gave him a recipe?
Kickin ass and frying bacon, and he's all outta bacon!

Reactions: Inor

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
You damn right! I was planning to do it Saturday, but we stopped and had such a big lunch, supper ended up being light. But being home for 3 weeks now, I have plenty of time to give it a shot.
You know you have to leave most of the beer in the can, right? :very_drunk:

Reactions: BagLady

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
Nope he wouldn't make anything with more than three or four ingredients.
Well then, he needs to learn the US Army breakfast staple - SOS. Served each and every morning.
(Did I just hear OldSFGuy gag & retch?)
And this is real stick to your ribs good, not the sissy Navy stuff they call "creamed chipped beef." Ain't no sissy stuff in MY Army.

All you need is ground beef, flour, water, and sliced bread.

1. Brown a pound or so ground beef. The cheap stuff, not ground chuck or something like that.
2.DO NOT drain grease - it is an essential part.
3. Make a roux of white flour and water.
4. While beef/grease is still hot, whisk in roux until you've got a substance that resembles concrete.
5. Add water while still stirring until you reach the desired consistancy. Put in a bunch of salt and black pepper.
6. Toast your bread, pour the beef/gravy mixture over it.
7. Add hotsauce to taste. Hotsauce is a mess hall staple, mainly used to disguise flavor. I still use hotsauce today on dang near everything I eat.

And there you have it.

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Well then, he needs to learn the US Army breakfast staple - SOS. Served each and every morning.
(Did I just hear OldSFGuy gag & retch?)
And this is real stick to your ribs good, not the sissy Navy stuff they call "creamed chipped beef." Ain't no sissy stuff in MY Army.

All you need is ground beef, flour, water, and sliced bread.

1. Brown a pound or so ground beef. The cheap stuff, not ground chuck or something like that.
2.DO NOT drain grease - it is an essential part.
3. Make a roux of white flour and water.
4. While beef/grease is still hot, whisk in roux until you've got a substance that resembles concrete.
5. Add water while still stirring until you reach the desired consistancy. Put in a bunch of salt and black pepper.
6. Toast your bread, pour the beef/gravy mixture over it.
7. Add hotsauce to taste. Hotsauce is a mess hall staple, mainly used to disguise flavor. I still use hotsauce today on dang near everything I eat.

And there you have it.
We had that about once a week growing up. I liked it - a lot! But ditto on the hot sauce.

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
We had that about once a week growing up. I liked it - a lot! But ditto on the hot sauce.
It builds character, doesn't it?

Reactions: Inor

·
Administrator
14,872 Posts
I had my fill of it in the Air Force.
No, say it isn't so! The Air Force?
I ate in the Air Force Transient Mess at Danang Air Base a few times, and those guys ate like kings! Kings, I'm tellin' ya!

21 - 40 of 72 Posts