Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far "how do you soften butter" and "I need a thermometer that goes to 295 F".

Reactions: TG

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It will be interesting to see his reaction when he sees this thread. LOL

·
Registered
200 Posts
Have him try this recipe - it is almost idiot proof/ Almost.

Hot Crab Rangoon Dip with Won Ton Chips

Total Time:13 minPrep:3 minCook:10 min

Yield:12 servings

Level: Easy

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients
2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, cut into cubes
2 (6-ounce) cans lump crabmeat, drained and shredded
1 (10-ounce) can condensed shrimp bisque
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1 scallion, finely chopped
For the Won Ton Chips:
Peanut oil
1 package won ton wrappers
Salt, to taste

Directions

Preheat broiler.

Combine all ingredients in mixing bowl and stir to combine. Place in a broiler-proof serving dish and broil for 10 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

For the Won Ton Chips:

Heat 2 inches of peanut oil in a Dutch oven or fryer to 350 degrees F. Add won ton wrappers in batches to fry lightly. Remove from oil and let drain on paper towels before serving. Season with salt

Reactions: bigwheel

·
Registered
2,617 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well it's English Toffee. Sort of. The pan isn't the ten by fifteen so it is going to be thick toffee. And he stated that the measurements were taken as "suggestions". So we will see.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I knew it was candy when you said he needed a thermometer that went that high...

The softened butter? Well, I went a different direction with that one. Mostly cause I can be kind of freaky....:rulaiz:

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
Screw you clowns man! When the SHTF I'm gonna be sitting here eating homemade Heath bars! What are you gonna be doing? :armata_PDT_37:

Actually it is pretty easy:

Melt 1 pound of butter.

Once butter is melted, mix in the following:

2 cups of sugar
1/4 teaspoon of salt (I put in some extra because Mrs Inor only buys unsalted butter - 2 or 3 1/4 teaspoons. - I do not remember.)
1 tablespoon of white corn syrup (I put in about 1 1/2 tablespoons because some of the corn syrup sticks to the spoon.)

Mix it on medium heat until it is 295 degrees, then pour into a buttered pan. After it sits for an hour or so, convince your wife to go melt some chocolate chips to spread on the top.

As a side note: I heated it a bit hotter than 295 degrees because at 295 degrees it still looked like the time I made foam insulation from automatic transmission fluid. So I am guessing I heated it to about 325 give or take.

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Well a man making some candy for his Mrs is not wrong at all then...damned...why didn't I think of that? I would have had a better weekend. Darn it Inor...help a brother out now and then...PM goes both direction you know.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts