Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at this bag as my main SHTF bag or INCH Bag. You guy's thoughts?

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have this bag for my INCH. Couldn't be happier. It's a beast, cavernous, with a suspension designed for 80 lbs. Not that I'd load it that heavy, but nice to know the bomberness is there!

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
I have the full set up with all belts, straps, covers, both packs with hydration. It's too damn heavy, in my opinion. I'm currently scoping out 40 and 50 liter civilian packs.

We've got about 50 miles to cover if we ever have to walk out, but if we're walking we got caught with our guard down.

EDIT: I should clarify. If we're bugging out, speed is the main goal. We will not be heading off into the bush and setting up a primitive shelter to weather the storm from. The ILBE is an excellent platform and has served me well a time or two, but that was in a different world. The assault pack absolutely rocks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My BOB of preference is the Army multicam mini ruck. It has a plastic frame and 3 pockets totalling 4000 cubic inches. It was issued to me before my last deployment to Afghanistan. I claimed it as a loss when I got home and it's worth every cent of the $80 it cost me.

·
Registered
634 Posts
I have that bag and used it most of this summer on the camping and hunting trips. extremely solid bag but as Rigged stated its a heavy bag. The bag with all the straps and belts weighs in at 8 pounds just by it's self. but it is just about bomb proof.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts