Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This may seem obvious to some, but not to others..so I thought id share.
You watch the shows, read the books and gather good places to stash stuff.
But, some of the best places are out in the open, dont require a GPS to find them, and you may not even have to cover them up!
Many of us (especially those on the west side) have crawl spaces under the house. You can drop stuff right under the access panel, or if you feel frisky, find a dark corner and put stuff in it.
How about your porch? You can hide tons of stuff under a porch and nobody will find it.
High up in a tree. Sounds funny, but i have this big tree in my backyard that stays full of leaves year round. Ive never seen the tan bag up in it ever during any season.
Create false walls in cabinets/pantry/closet,etc...real easy to do.
Feel free to share your spots!

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Well my bug out property and future home is desert mountain / hill side property with a lot of flat lands too. There is plenty of tumble weed about, and my wife figured out how to make a tumbleweed safe. Its a 2x2x2 foot box that looks like a big tumble weed and we leave a good number of tools in it right now - we know if someone happens along they will ransack the house (we're not there now) but its highly unlikely they will find the one of 300 tumble weed bushes thats a safe.

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well my bug out property and future home is desert mountain / hill side property with a lot of flat lands too. There is plenty of tumble weed about, and my wife figured out how to make a tumbleweed safe. Its a 2x2x2 foot box that looks like a big tumble weed and we leave a good number of tools in it right now - we know if someone happens along they will ransack the house (we're not there now) but its highly unlikely they will find the one of 300 tumble weed bushes thats a safe.
Excellent use of your surroundings!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was thinking crawl space just today. Mine is over 3 ft tall and stays a pretty consistent temp. What would you store in a crawl and how??? Thanks

Recon

·
Registered
365 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was thinking crawl space just today. Mine is over 3 ft tall and stays a pretty consistent temp. What would you store in a crawl and how??? Thanks

Recon
Food, tools, etc.. Whatever you got to store!
Just be mindful of what kind of critters you have underneath your house...
if you buy some really good plastic bins, it can keep pretty much everything out of it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts