Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I used to live in TN. Currently reside in AZ. In the process of building a place in central Arkansas. I'm hoping to complete our move later this year. I'll finally be out of the city!

·
Super Moderator
9,266 Posts
Welcome to the group from southern AZ. Keep us posted with how the build is going.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I used to live in TN. Currently reside in AZ. In the process of building a place in central Arkansas. I'm hoping to complete our move later this year. I'll finally be out of the city!
I'm in western AR. It's a nice quiet place. You'll like it. The only thing is all the critters that want a piece of you, from ticks that carry diseases to black widows, brown recluses, red wasps, fire ants, giant centipedes... but it's a small price to pay for peace and quiet.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Hearty welcome from DFW Texas. We have a branch of the clan who stays up twixt Beebe and Cabot.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Like anywhere, you have to learn to work with the land. I cleared most of the cedars and set up a small flock of hens, which did a really good job of suppressing the ticks. Then I had to deal with the raccoon problems. It took a few years but things have stabilized nicely here.

·
Registered
11,015 Posts
Ya the chiggers got me good when I was there looking at property.
The trick with chiggers is when you first feel em chewing..swab yourself down with a rag soaked in bleach or a bleach wipe or maybe 151 rum if thats all you got. That kills the little suckers before they burrow down in there. Might want to pour water on it or take a shower after the bleach treatment.

·
Administrator
15,482 Posts
Welcome from Florida

Reactions: goatman5000
1 - 10 of 10 Posts