Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Giving a shot at some beef jerky for the first time today. Using a pretty basic marinade for the try. Unfortunately my only option is a gas grill and my biggest obstacle so far is keeping the temp at a steady 180. Think I finally have the lid propped to a good point as to keep the temp fairly steady. I'll post an update once it's done and let y'all know how it turned out.

unnamed (2).jpg

unnamed.jpg

·
Super Moderator
9,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just make damn sure it passes the hawgrider test! :tango_face_grin:
Getting tips directly from the man! Not sure if it measures up to what he can do but I am claiming success for my first ever batch. Was pretty damn good and you can taste the freshness as opposed to the store bought junk.

Finished product.
unnamed (3).jpg

·
Registered
11,945 Posts
Yea, I saw him giving you some pointers elsewhere. It looks like you have done a mighty fine job.

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Looks good 'squatch! You have "flung" a craving on me, it makes me want to make some jerky myself...the last that I made was made with ground venison...it didn't last too long in my house...:tango_face_wink:

Reactions: Sasquatch

·
Banned
1,683 Posts
You can use an oven on the low setting with the door cracked, I dunno about doing it on tin foil I would use a rack.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts