Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gee, no one has posted here yet? We live in Florida (have for almost all my 64 years) but so close to the border I'm in Georgia almost every day.
We shoot at the state run range at Dixon WMA just south of Waycros, Ga, on the edge of the Okefenoke Swamp.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Hi Rice, I used to live up in Ringold, Ga. just about 10 miles so of Chattanooga Tenn. Thats a nice area. I never got down to where you are though. Always meant to , but never had the time.

·
Registered
9,182 Posts
I am in the northeast, Mass. been to Florida many times.
my girlfriend keeps trying to get me to go to her winter place in Boca Raton from Dec to April.
I cannot take the summer heat, get sick as a dog from it. May be a reaction from a vacation in S.E.A.
I do hate the cold here also. I know, I am screwed.
I guess the best place would be Hawaii for me. too late now though.
The one saving grace is all my food stores stay frozen or refrigerated 8 month out of the year.

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my girlfriend keeps trying to get me to go to her winter place in Boca Raton from Dec to April.
I cannot take the summer heat, get sick as a dog from it. May be a reaction from a vacation in S.E.A.
I grew up in South Florida, back when Robert E. Lee's birthday was a state holiday. We made our escape in '95.
By the way, towards the end of our stay down there, the populace was not even as friendly as S.E.A. I was going to say natives rather than populace, but the natives have mostly left.

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
292 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Originally from SE Michigan. I am a rolling stone. I bounce back and forth from two locations. One in West Texas where I own 30 acre ranch and in Egypt on a 5 acre homestead. I'm a Certified Master Herbalist married with 3 children and a whole lot of animals.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Live in the beautiful Ozarks in NW Arkansas about a stone throw away from the Missouri border.

·
Administrator
15,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Right now I'm at the sount end of the icicle, just east of a Southbound glacier, . . . contemplating on making an igloo to keep warm.

Seven below doesn't mean diddly to lots of people, . . . but I can just flat out do without it.

At least, though, . . . I wasn't on an icebreaker going to the South pole to observe global warming, . . . and got stuck in the pack ice that doesn't exist.

Cold rant off, . . . back to your regular programming, . . .

May God bless,
Dwight

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I am not sure that I understand this post--
But, grew up and presently live in the west central part of Florida
Have hunting property in N. Florida
Lived in Pensacola, and other parts, hunted and fished all over the state.

What's this post about ??

·
Registered
2,616 Posts
Hell if I know what this post is about. It's missing bacon and turtles though.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I'm in Northern California. No turtles, but did have bacon with breakfast. Also, temps in mid 60s. Crazy to watch the news reports about the polar vortex.

·
Super Moderator
9,496 Posts
I am not sure that I understand this post--

What's this post about ??
People who are from Georgia/North Florida. If you look toward the very top, the info is there.

Home> Forum> Regional Discussion> Regions> Georgia> I'll Start

·
Registered
2,743 Posts
Currently live in N Central KY and like it here. We did live in FL a few times south and north part and I worked in S GA living in N FL. Got yelled at in Albany GA for not saying the name of the town right. LOL

1 - 20 of 30 Posts