Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are some stupid people in our world but these people top the list. They mock gun owners and keep making them selves sound so intellegent but there reasoning is incorrect. My favorite line is "your hobby kills 10000's of people a year" then goes on to say his hobby of fantasy football doesnt kill little children. They twists gun owners words and say that people dont kill people guns kill people because with a gun someone would be more willing to attack someone. Check 2:20 2:40 3:30 and 6:00 for some of the stupided lines.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
938 Posts
I thought it was a real smart idea for Zimmerman's lawyers to drop his "stand your ground" legal defense in his case. He clearly was outside the ambit of protection of the stand your ground law when he continued to pursue Martin, leading to the ultimate confrontation. He has a real chance of making a self-defense claim stick, given the pictures of his head injuries supporting his story.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
I think Zimmerman would be dead and Trayvon would be free to roam around as a hero and the lefty's would just say Zimmerman was a racist!

And NO, I didn't even attempt to watch the video. My opinion is based on what I've read/heard about the shooting and what I've seen in the real world.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
A better question might be, if Zimmerman didn't have a gun, would he still be alive?
No.

He would not be alive.

Zimmern's statements to police were consistent with his wounds that he had actually blacked out for a second and was coming to when he decided to grab his gun. Martin was on top of him and beating Zimmern's head into the pavement. As far as Martin was concerned, the assault was over. If he felt he was under attack, that attack was over and there was no more threat. Yet Martin continued to beat Zimmern. It could have been adrenalin, passion, fear, vengeance, rage, or a common disregard for life - who knows. Fact remains Martin continued to beat Zimmern after Zimmern went limp and unconscious.

If Martin had some form of medical training and an acute understanding of how much punishment and abuse a body could absorb before it becomes mortally injured, then I would listen to arguments (might not believe them) that Martin was continuing to assault Zimmern just to the point of no return as an added safety measure. But since Martin had no such exposure to medical training, or training of any vocation for that matter, I cannot entertain that the punishment Martin continued to dole out was anything shy of intent to kill.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Ya'll do understand that if Zimmerman is acquitted, it will spark riots.
I do expect Zimmerman to be acquitted btw.
Not worried...
I do the right thing. If there are consequences from being right, I will live with that.
If there are riots there will be riots. Hell, there are riots if some one wins or loses the Superbowl.

Take care of what you can and control what is within your realm.
Then when something from outside happens you will be better equipped to roll with the punches.
Que Sera Sera...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I doubt Zimmerman would have died. Ass beat, yes. Died, no. So yea, Martin would have lived if Zimmerman did not have a gun. Was Zimmerman just in protecting himself by firing at an unarmed man, that's up to the jury to decide. However, if Martin had a gun too, then **** yea I would have shot Martin too.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Ya'll do understand that if Zimmerman is acquitted, it will spark riots.

I do expect Zimmerman to be acquitted btw.
It takes nothing any more for idiots to riot. If that's what they want, then bring it. That's what 20/30 round magazines are made for. Only problem is LEO's and governments will talk to much as areas are destroyed before fighting back to stop the rioters and the tax payer will foot the bill, again. Ammo is cheaper than rebuilding communities!

·
Registered
496 Posts
................governments will talk to much as areas are destroyed before fighting back to stop the rioters and the tax payer will foot the bill, again. Ammo is cheaper than rebuilding communities!
Where I originally come from the're was a phrase that was supposed to have been attributed to theTexas Rangers that said "Yeah! We have shooters
for looters"

·
Registered
355 Posts
Check the statistics for alcohol, vehicles, & rape. Only rape is illegal but the numbers would be far less if the victims had guns. Alcohol & vehicle deaths are MUCH higher but nobody complains.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
Check the statistics for alcohol, vehicles, & rape. Only rape is illegal but the numbers would be far less if the victims had guns. Alcohol & vehicle deaths are MUCH higher but nobody complains.
The only ones to blame for the alcohol, vehicles and rape are the judges, lawyers and PC people. We can't all get along and sooner or later people will figure that out. Again I say, let certain states secede and live as they want, and the idiots that want all this peace, love and share the wealth crap can have it, just keep it in your area and pay for it your selves!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not worried...
I do the right thing. If there are consequences from being right, I will live with that.
If there are riots there will be riots. Hell, there are riots if some one wins or loses the Superbowl.

Take care of what you can and control what is within your realm.
Then when something from outside happens you will be better equipped to roll with the punches.
Que Sera Sera...
Well said.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
All I can say is ACQUIT ZIMMERMAN!!! That kid got what we asked for and then some. Instead of looking at the death of one young man, I look at how many potential future victims were saved from him. Not to mention the amount of money Florida taxpayers have saved by not paying for poor Trayvon's future, and I'm sure numerous, trials and incarcerations. That was the path he was headed down.

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
All I can say is ACQUIT ZIMMERMAN!!! That kid got what we asked for and then some. Instead of looking at the death of one young man, I look at how many potential future victims were saved from him. Not to mention the amount of money Florida taxpayers have saved by not paying for poor Trayvon's future, and I'm sure numerous, trials and incarcerations. That was the path he was headed down.
My thoughts exactly!! He was the type of person that would have spent his entire life in and out of the prison system and mooching off of the guberment when he wasn't incarcerated!! More than likely, Zimmerman saved the life of a future victim of Martin!! He was a punk that was on drugs at the time of the shooting and suspended from school for numerous times including at the time of the shooting..

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
He thought he was some kind of tough guy fighter and thought he would kick some security guys ass.. I guess he was too stupid to think the guy was carrying a weapon!! Personally, I think the kid got what he deserved and to be completely honest, I am glad the little prick was killed!! It's all POOR TRAYVON on the news as they show his picture that is several years old making him look like an angel..

·
Registered
8,068 Posts
I admit I had to stop watching as soon as the guy said "Travon Martin would be alive today if it weren't for the gun."

We will never know for sure, but I would argue that is a 50/50 bet at best. Martin was obviously a bad seed. He had drug issues. He seems to have had some kind of gang-banger-wanna-be attitude. This obviously was not his first street fight. None of those are traits that lend themselves well to a long and happy life. To say that Martin would be alive today, almost a year and a half after the incident if the incident had not occurred is a big stretch. If Zimmerman had not shot him, it seems pretty likely to me that somebody else would have sooner or later. - Most likely sooner.

That is not to say that Zimmerman is not a colossal dumb-ass. But fortunately for Zimmerman, it is not yet illegal to be an idiot.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Perhaps it could be said if the local law had been doing their job there would have been no need for Zimmerman to do neighborhood watch? Wasn't that area a very high crime area? Maybe if the law was patrolling the streets instead of guarding the Mr. Donuts, private citizens wouldn't feel the need to protect their own neighborhood?

1 - 20 of 76 Posts