Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like to write short stories. This one irritates my dear niece whom I'm very proud of and love dearly. She's an FBI agent and great with her side arm.

I'd like to present this scenario to you for feedback, as Preppers I think, perceive maybe, we might answer this question differently. A situation much like Geoge Zimmermans occurs. You kill a person outside your home. You feared for your life or that of your family or even your dog. The police question you harshly, but let you go. Pressure mounts to charge you. They dig up your forum posts (jk) or some history and it starts to look bad. You visit an attorney, and he tells you to prepare for 7-10 years of prison despite the valid fears.....you can't win. There is no way for him to win your case. Its a matter of time before you are arrested.

Do you take your chance with a jury? Or do you make yourself look guilty as hell, ditch the detectives watching you and your home with bug out bag and what you can carry!?

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
If you can explain that there was a reasonable likelihood that if you did not use deadly force someone would have sustained serious bodily injury or death you will prevail. Any lawyer worth his salt could get those posts and earlier information tossed out as immaterial. Ask Eric Rudolph and any number of other absconders how evading worked out for them. You will be found eventually (a'la ****** Bulger) or die. In the final analysis a life on the run is both futile and counterproductive. I know it's hypothetical but have the courage of your convictions and stand tall. If you were in the wrong, pay for your iniquities.

·
Registered
21,643 Posts
What a question Zimmerman case is not about quilt it is about Being PC pretty much the basis of all our justice system to toady.
If the power tells them to hang you they will no madder what we have seen this so many times in the last 10 years.
Problem is those in the system are so much a part of it hey do not see it

Reactions: Denton

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
It might make for a good story someone bugging out, living on their own avoiding "the man", but until sociality breaks down in a SHTF type of thing, it would be just a matter of time until they find you. Are you taking your family with you? So perhaps one or all of them might get killed when they finally do find you?
My answer in real life is, get another lawyer, one who believes he/she can win the case, and give it your best shot.

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
I plead the 5th. You can still do that, right?

·
Banned
2,112 Posts
Actually if you don't want to talk you HAVE to do that now. Otherwise your silence can be used against you.
Actually, I know that topic has come up recently and there is case law against using your silence against you (SCOTUS) which oddly enough, originated in California. The prosecutors cannot use that information, anymore than they can use you telling the cops they have to get a search warrant if they want to come in. My post was kind of hitting on this recent revelation that somehow the 5th Amendment no longer exists. I know that it varies from state to state, but where I live, our State Constitution provides a greater level of protection than the US Constitution. The USC is considered a minimal level of protection. States cannot provide "less protection" under the law than what the Constitution provides, but they can provide more. I won't tell you why I know that piece of trivial info 'cause some folks in here don't like the Po-Po...:cool:

But if I do run, I'm stopping at Krispy Kreme first....

Reactions: Fuzzee

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
Ripon, thank your niece for her service for me. Thank her dearly, and let her know that you are not the only one who is fiercely proud of her. Thank you, too, for whatever good influence you played in her life.

As for the question, we are really screwed, today. The government has too much access to our every thought and deed, and the government and judicial system are proving to be more and more lawless. It is one thing for the jury to be lawless (that is perfectly constitutional and the way it should be when needed) but a totally other thing for the government to be as it is.

I will put your niece on my prayer list. Not only for her safety, but to give her strength to make the right decisions in the days ahead.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The long and the short of it.. Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.. Pulling a gun would very much be the last resort if it was me in a bad situation. NOW.. If it was my wife or son in harms way I'm coming after your azz and bringing everything i have...

·
Registered
24,529 Posts
The long and the short of it.. Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.. Pulling a gun would very much be the last resort if it was me in a bad situation. NOW.. If it was my wife or son in harms way I'm coming after your azz and bringing everything i have...
Everything you have, and everything your brothers have to offer, too.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Everything you have, and everything your brothers have to offer, too.
Sadly sir... I am on my own when it comes to my "attitude". If my family was in trouble there would be hell to pay. My wife knows i would be on my way as soon as i knew.. If i didn't show up i was dead... It amazes me how most Canadians will just bend over and take it. To nice for their own good. I do not make this comment to piss off any Canadians.. yall are real nice.. City Police here even leave their fire arms at work. They do not carry side arms after work..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.