Prepper Forum / Survivalist Forum banner

Would you reenlist?

If there is WW3 would you reenlist?

5K views 41 replies 29 participants last post by  RvPrepper 
#1 ·
Putin wants to reclaim land lost from the soviet union when it collapsed. This includes some NATO states. If NATO is attacked would you reenlist? After all NATO was there after 9-11 when the US was attacked.

Having people with previous military experience would be extremely helpful in leading and training conscripts.

#4 ·
Putin wants to reclaim land lost from the soviet union when it collapsed. This includes some NATO states. If NATO is attacked would you reenlist? After all NATO was there after 9-11 when the US was attacked.

Having people with previous military experience would be extremely helpful in leading and training conscripts.
Well, since NATO pushed Putin into this position, I guess ALL would need to defend NATO. And once Russia is finished and part of NATO, then they can move on to the next task. You are aware they want to expand into the pacific, right?

ETA: US Proposes Bill to Include Taiwan in 'NATO Plus' Group

#12 · (Edited)
Well, since NATO pushed Putin into this position, I guess ALL would need to defend NATO. And once Russia is finished and part of NATO, then they can move on to the next task. You are aware they want to expand into the pacific, right?

ETA: US Proposes Bill to Include Taiwan in 'NATO Plus' Group
How, EXACTLY, did NATO “push Putin” into annexing part of UKE in 2014, then illegally invade UKE in 2022, holding the world hostage by stealing grain, destroying crops, stopping shipping, murdering and raping citizens, shipping civilians off to Russia?

Who, exactly, is “they” who want to ” expand into the pacific”?

Please respond. I need another good laugh.

#5 ·
A couple U.S. 'patriots' just joined the WNBA drug-runner in Putin's prison. First US fighters captured by Russian soldiers in Ukraine
Maybe they were truly concerned for the people of Ukraine, maybe they were glory-seeking, or a combo. But, like the guys killed over there, they are no longer able to serve their primary responsibility: their own families.
With what this country has become, I am staying put and not under orders from the Milleys and Austins.

#6 ·
I am old and gray. I would fight in my backyard but not physically capable like a youngster. If it was ww3, I would think that I could be of most benefit by continuing to do my job. I have been a machinist for 40 years. In those years have made many parts for the military. Aircraft parts, rifle parts and even bomb parts. Unfortunately, WW3 would probably leave the realm of conventional warfare. How are you going to fight the nukes?

#10 ·
I tried to reenlist on Sept 12, 2001. I was told I was too old. So, I moved to Colorado up to 9400 feet, we are Christian Conservatives, are self contained, have plenty of back up supplies, and will take care of this 7 acres of rock and old mines. We have 4 wheel drives, off and on road motorcycles, and a machine and wood shop to build anything we need. I'll take care of this neck of the woods. The rest can do as they please.

#11 ·
When I got back from Vietnam, and got out 10 hours later on Sept 28, 1970, I swore that if they ever tried to recall me I would actually nail my feet to the floor in protest.

If there was an option on the poll of "Oh, hell no!!" that's what I would have checked.
I'm not even sure this country is worth fighting for anymore.

#17 ·
So did Putin tell you himself Mr penguin? That he is trying to reclaim the old Soviet Union? Or is he trying to get missiles off his front porch? Save Russians ? What would the US do if I don't know say China put up missiles in Mexico? Or hey 😆 Russia went to Cuba? There are actual freaking Nazis in Ukraine. There are pictures floating around out there. Tattoos, iron crosses, uniforms. So let's go nazis!!! I'm so woke. Let's give them our old arsenal, then our new Arsenal and then we can get more arms with more taxes to feed more immigrants. You know 1/4 of central America is in the US right? Over 2 decades. Ukraine is helping us by relieving us of our tactical advantage. So when China goes after Taiwan we can't help. So really Ukraine is still a spot where the left not only launders money but now they are laundering weapons. Or whatever. You know what I mean. That's my nickel. (Because of inflation 2 cents went up a little) sit back and watch, you might want to dvr this, this is the great fall of the greatest nation ever. Ever watch star wars? Like that. Klaus Schwab as Palpatine. 😆

#20 ·
At my age, and even if I had a very deep understanding of American service men going to war, I still would be a tad slow to hop on the next truck to kill a guy looking for American TV and warm food.

People want better lives, not just for themselves, but for perhaps an additional family. Now granted, a slimy dirtbag with a sneer and a 1940s handgun, sure, these clowns go first. But we cannot just start shooting every guy we have never seen before. Yes, I have handguns, but I'm not sure I like their idea for close-up blasting.

Then again, while I have had to flash open a knife periodically, I never had to "finish the exchange." I have several oddball ideas. For example, I was born and raised inside of Milwaukee, but I do not like beer...

#25 ·
On Sept 11th, 2001 I was in in-service training for my Department. I was preparing to re-enlist and I was still within the age limit. As a Police Officer however I felt like I could do just as much good at home as I could back in the Navy. I had already been recalled for the Gulf War but before I could pack my seabag the war was over.

My son served a combat tour in Afghanistan and only recently completed his required reserve time and is now among the ranks of the honorably discharged veterans. My other son is too old for a potential draft and all three of us are in agreement that today's military is no longer something we would want to be a part of. We think it best to serve our communities. God bless all of our service members, I'm proud of everyone and fully support them. The current administration and those from whom they are taking orders have an agenda of social change I cannot support, however.

#35 · (Edited)
Slightly changing the subject here, but I thought y’all would enjoy this “fun” fact about the US draft…my son’s official diagnosis is “profound, nonverbal autism.” He is 21 and functions on a grade school level. For those with experience with children, imagine having a 21 year old toddler. He is mostly toilet trained, needs my help dressing, preparing his foods, taking a shower/grooming, etc. By nonverbal, I mean totally nonverbal. We communicate by pictures or by him bringing us what he wants or taking us to what he wants. At his day program, they focus on self-sufficiency skills and elementary academics (colors, numbers, letters, sight words). My son is obsessed with the kids show “Blue’s Clues,” and has watched it everyday without fail for the past 18 years. When it was time for him to register for the selective service at 18, I requested an exemption for him based on his disability. That exemption request was denied because he does not have a disability that requires him to be institutionalized, hospitalized or home bound unable to leave without the assistance of a certified or licensed medical professional (so mom doesn’t count as certified or licensed medical projectional). They said that if he is ever called to serve that, basically, the government would decide if he was unfit during an examination.

I know he would never pass an examination, but I thought y’all would like to know how strict the Selective Service is here about building a registration.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.